# Missouri historic homes
Historic Baptiste G. Aubuchon House was built around 1842 and still stands
This privately owned home is located at 450 rue St. Jacques in Florissant, Missouri (St. Louis County). It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 6, 1976. According to Find-a-Grave records, the early owner's full name was Jean Baptiste G. Aubuchon, Sr.
The historic McGarry House in Ames Place was also the home to an internationally known violinist
On April 12, 1982, the McGarry House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This historic house is located at 6965 Pershing in University City, Missouri (St. Louis County). It's also referred to as the Israelievitch House.
The Steelville, Missouri ruins of the Snelson-Brinker House of 1834: arson and the hope to rebuild
The Snelson-Brinker House is located at State Highway 8 in Steelville, Missouri (Crawford County). The house was styled as a double-pen log dwelling. The foundation was stone and naturally, the walls were wood.
History: the Rannells House aka Woodside was saved by the City of Maplewood
The Charles S. and Mary Warder Rannells House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on September 20, 2006. The house is located at 2200 Bredell in Maplewood, Missouri. Maplewood is an inner-ring suburb of St. Louis.
G. W. Tolhurst House: historic home in Kirkwood, Missouri
Some historic homes stand out. They catch your attention. The G. W. Tolhurst House is one of them. This house is located at 345 East Argonne Drive in Kirkwood, Missouri. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 3, 2002.
Unlock the history of Elim: Dr. William Keil's home and the early colony of Bethel, Missouri
This historic home is known as Elim or the Dr. William Keil House. It's located about 1.5 miles east of Bethel, Missouri. Elim was a settlement of the Bethel Colony in Shelby County, Missouri. The house is privately owned.
The Frank House: Maryville's historic home of 1890
The historic two-story Frank House was constructed in 1890. It's located at 307 East Seventh Street in Maryville, Missouri (Nodaway County) with a very large front yard. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on September 8, 1983. It was privately owned at the time the house was nominated for the NRHP.
The August Sehrt historic home was converted into a history museum
The August Sehrt House is a historic home located at 275 Webster Street in August, Missouri (St. Charles County). This house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on September 29, 1994. This small, yet meaningful, house was constructed around 1860 by August Sehrt.
The historic Newbill-McElhiney House in St. Charles, Missouri houses an antique shop
The Newbill-McElhiney House is a historic home located at 625 South Main Street in St. Charles, Missouri (St. Charles County). This house was constructed in 1836 and expanded in the 1850s.
The historic Emily Rockwell Love House was designed by her architect sister
The Emily Rockwell Love House is a historic home located at 5029 Sunset Drive in the Country Club District of Kansas City, Missouri. Visit here to see some remarkable photos of the interior.
It's been around for 136 years: the Thomas Talbot and Rebecca Walton Smithers Stramcke House
Set a distance away from Highway O is the Thomas Talbot and Rebecca Walton Smithers Stramcke House, also referred to as The Cedars. This is a historic home located at 15834 Highway O in the vicinity of Lexington, Missouri. The house is privately owned.
Webster Grove's historic Charles W. Ferguson House: an 1888 architectural gem
Back in time, this building must have been a fabulous home. It's located at 17 Lockwood Avenue in Webster Groves, Missouri. This is the historic Charles W. Ferguson House which was later known as the Lockwood Group building is now the Sugar Creek Capital building.
Exploring the William Buehler House built in 1896 in the City of St. Louis
This historic gem is located at 2610 Tennessee Avenue in the independent city of St. Louis, Missouri. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 28, 2000.
The historic James Reynolds House: Not every house has to be glamorous to have saving value
The historic James Reynolds House was constructed in 1857. That's 166 years ago and I find it exciting a house that old is still going strong. The home is located at 623 North Main Street in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 13, 1983.
The James H. and Marietta Comfort House: it doesn't look like it's over a century old
The historic James H. and Marietta Comfort House is located at 235 East Jefferson in Kirkwood, Missouri (St. Louis County). This beautiful home was constructed in 1871, and it's privately owned. This home was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 2, 2002.
The George A. Murrell House: built in 1854, the plantation known as Oak Grove can be toured
The historic George A. Murrell House is also known as Oak Grove. The home is located in the vicinity of Napton, Missouri in Saline County. Specifically, it is 0.75 miles east and 0.5 miles north of MO. E and H according to the National Register nomination form.
Exploring the 1917 John and Fannie Fields home in Nodaway County, Missouri
The historic John and Fannie Fields Home is located in Barnard, Missouri. On June 7, 2019, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The house is over 100 years old.
The 163-year-old Levi Barkley House: a historic Southern home near Hannibal, Missouri
The historic Levi Barkley House is located in the vicinity of Hannibal, Missouri (Marion County). It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 2, 1984. It's also referred to as the Barkley House, the Baxter House, or the Landis House.
The 196-year-old Abraham Byrd House: an old limestone house with many historic stories to tell
Sometimes when people see an old house and based on its appearance, someone will suggest it's haunted. Maybe they say they would never set foot inside. Take this house, for example. Look beyond the appearance to embrace its history and imagine all the stories that come with it.
Explore the historic Thomas C. Fletcher House: Missouri's First Republican governor's home
It’s no surprise that a lot of historic homes are found in smaller communities. The historic two-story Thomas C. Fletcher House is one of them. This home is located at the intersection of Elm Street/East Orchard and State Highway BB in Hillsboro, Missouri (Jefferson County). The sign in front of the house indicates the address is 401 Elm Street. According to the 2020 census, the population of Hillsboro is 3,473.