# Carbon monoxide poisoning
Are You Seeing Ghosts? It Could Be Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless gas that can be deadly. It is produced by the incomplete combustion of fuels, such as gasoline, natural gas, and propane. CO poisoning can cause a variety of symptoms, including headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, and loss of consciousness. In severe cases, CO poisoning can be fatal.
LLCHD urges residents to protect themselves from carbon monoxide poisoning during the looming winter storm
LINCOLN, Neb. - The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) urges residents to take necessary precautions to protect themselves from carbon monoxide poisoning. This colorless and odorless gas is often called the "invisible killer" because it can render victims unconscious or too weak to escape before they experience other symptoms of CO poisoning.
Wisconsin Man escapes Death From Faulty Furnace manufactured by Rheem
A Wisconsin man came close to death after he had a new furnace manufactured by Rheem installed in his home. A few days after installation he described he felt like he was coming down with something.
Wisconsin Man Flirts with Death after New Furnace Installation
A Wisconsin man had a close call with death after he had a new furnace manufactured by Rheem installed in his home. A few days after installation he described he felt like he was coming down something.
As temperatures fall, risk of carbon monoxide poisoning rises
Kansas City, Mo. - According to reporting from KMBC, a carbon monoxide leak at Longfellow Elementary on Holmes Street in Kansas City has resulted in a medical emergency that has sent six children and two adults (so far) to local hospitals for treatment.
Carbon Monoxide Forces Evacuation of Dallas Apartments
Fire-Rescue responded to carbon monoxide leak at Oak Lawn apartment building.JC Gellidon/Unsplash. Three people were sent to the hospital after dangerous levels of carbon monoxide were detected inside an Oak Lawn apartment building. The building was evacuated immediately. According to Fox 4, it all happened on Thursday at the Radius Turtle Creek Apartments at the corner of Cedar Springs Road and Wellborn Street.
Carbon monoxide poisoning prevention tips and symptoms
A woman died in her Pennsylvania home recently due to a gas leak. Her adult son and husband were in the house and were hospitalized. The gas leak may have been the result of a possible faulty appliance.