A shed fire at Tucker’s Farmhouse in Green Cove Springs occurred Sunday evening. Nobody was injured and future weddings held at the venue will not be impacted.
The fire broke out at approximately 6:01 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 22, in a shed located on the Tucker’s Farmhouse property, Stacee Reape, daughter of the owners and spokesperson for the venue, said.
“My mom and dad live in the house that is on the property, and I live nearby, so we all saw the flames and were able to call 9-1-1,” she said. “By the time fire crews responded, the shed was completely engulfed in flames.”
The shed was used as a welding workshop in the very back of the property, Reape explained. The fire caused damage to lawn mowers, equipment and other items the family has stored over the years.
“Of course, it is sad because we lost some valuable items and equipment, but we are very thankful that nobody was hurt and that there were no damages to the wedding barn or surrounding areas.”
Weddings scheduled at Tucker’s Farmhouse are still in full swing, Reape said, noting that they called all of their spring brides Monday morning to inform them that there would be no “wedding catastrophes,” she said.
It is unknown what started the shed fire, she said, but potentially a spark from a lawn mower or other equipment within the structure. The fire marshall was unable to determine the exact cause, she said.
A Twitter update from Clay County Fire and Rescue said the scene was cleared at approximately 9:23 p.m. Sunday.
Comments / 0