There are several reasons why people would want to hide their apps so that they don't appear on the iPhone home screen or in the search results. One of the reasons could be the need for a break from the constant social media notifications while another could be the need to declutter and organize the home screen. Yet another important reason could be in order to prevent a friend or family member from snooping and discovering apps that may be embarrassing in nature.
Hiding an app does not mean that you delete it permanently. According to an article published on iphonelife.com, here are the steps to do this via settings and App Library:
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap Siri & Search.
3. Scroll down to the app section and select the app you want to hide.
4. Toggle off Show on Home Screen. When you're done, the toggle should appear gray.
The article adds that in order to unhide apps on your iPhone from the home screen, repeat this process, but instead of toggling Show on Home screen off, toggle it back on.
The article also suggests the following tips for hiding apps on the App Library if you have iOS 14 or iOS 15 :
1. Press and hold the app icon for the app you want to hide
2. A menu will pop up. Tap on Remove App.
3. A second menu will appear. Tap on Move to App Library.
You can always add them back to your home screen later.