This week in Marathon County, Wisconsin, there were several incidents that occurred, including a shooting in a parking lot, a wrong-way driver on the highway, a former teacher acquitted of assault charges, a person of interest in a shooting captured, and a trial date set for a fatal shooting.
In a parking lot on Third Avenue, a shooting occurred early Wednesday morning. A group of males was seen in a parking lot, and one of them appeared to have a handgun. When ordered to drop the weapon, the male fled on foot.
- Wausau police investigating overnight shooting
- JUST IN : Wausau police investigate overnight shooting at west-side tavern
- Wausau Police Investigate Overnight Shooting at West Side Bar
- Police investigating overnight shooting at a Wisconsin bar , suspect fled scene
The Everest Metro Police Department reported various incidents in Weston, Schofield, and surrounding areas. These included interventions with a wrong-way driver on the highway, a vehicle collision, and an attempted vehicle stop.
A former Wausau teacher was found not guilty of felony sexual abuse charges. The teacher was accused of touching two elementary school students inappropriately. The jury deliberated for less than an hour before reaching the verdict.
- NOT GUILTY : Former Wausau School District teacher acquitted of assault charges
- Former Wausau substitute teacher found not guilty of 2019 assault charges
An 18-year-old person of interest in a shooting was captured and taken into custody in the Racine County Jail. The shooting occurred in July in the 800 block of South 3rd Ave. The individual fled the scene after gunfire struck a residence.
- Teen named as person of interest in Wausau shooting captured in Racine
- Racine PD arrests person of interest in 3rd Avenue shooting in Wausau
- Multani Arrested in Racine
- Wausau Man Wanted in Connection With Shooting Incident Located in Racine
Trial dates have been set for a man accused of fatally shooting a 45-year-old victim two years ago. The shooting took place on Wausau's west side. The suspect has been charged with first-degree intentional homicide and has been in jail since his arrest in May 2021.
This content was assisted by AI and may contain errors. Please verify critical information with trusted sources. Learn more.