Creamy crockpot French onion beef stroganoff is an easy family dinner recipe made with stew meat and sour cream, it’s a homemade classic!
This crockpot French onion beef stroganoff recipe is a simple and easy family dinner everyone will love.
Fall-apart tender beef smothered in a creamy french onion stroganoff sauce over buttery egg noodles and topped with crispy fried onions.
Seriously, what’s not to love?
It’s like French onion soup had a baby with beef stroganoff: two deliciously easy comfort food recipes combined in the crockpot for an effortless make-ahead family dinner.
I’ve come to the realization that I only work out so I can eat without feeling guilty. Does anyone else feel like that sometimes?
Of course I work out to stay healthy too, but realistically, I’m mostly doing it to maintain myself because my brain is constantly thinking of food and what I’m eating next (a gift, yet a curse!).
Some people workout to fit in skinny jeans and get 6 packs, and I work out so I can eat creamy beef and noodles for dinner ;).
WHAT’S IN THIS HOMEMADE CREAMY BEEF STROGANOFF?
- Beef Stew Meat (chuck roast or round steak can be used too)
- Yellow onions
- 1 packet of French onion soup mix
- Cream cheese
- Sour Cream
- Egg Noodles
- Crispy Fried Onions (for topping!)
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT FRENCH ONION BEEF & NOODLES:
- Place beef, flour, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper in a large zip lock bag. Shake it up until it’s evenly coated.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter over medium-high heat and sear the meat about 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer to your slow cooker.
- Return pan back to the stove top on medium heat. Add another 2 tbsp butter and sliced onions. Cook about 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add onions to crockpot along with beef stock, french onion soup mix, bay leaf and rosemary. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream. Serve over egg noodles and top with crispy fried onions.
The most important step in this recipe that I advise you NOT TO SKIP is searing the meat prior to adding it to the crockpot. This is what seals all the delicious juices in and keeps the meat from drying out; making it perfectly fall-apart-tender.
This is easy beef stroganoff recipe is creamy and super flavorful…basically everything you could ask for in a winter comfort food recipe :).
Comments / 12