If you're ready to get out and do something fun to celebrate the 4th of July Independence Day, then here's local events in Monrovia, Arcadia, and Sierra Madre.
- Who: City of Monrovia
- What: Drive by 4th of July Home Decorating Contest participants (map available July 3), Live concert and dancing (7pm – 8:30pm) and fireworks show (9:00pm).
- When: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 7pm – 9:30pm.
- Where: Library Park, 321 S. Myrtle Ave., Monrovia, CA
- Cost: Free
- Who: Downtown Arcadia Improvement Association
- What: Patriotic Reverse Parade and Food Drive. Attendees stay in their cars and drive through downtown Arcadia and wave at participants (costumed characters, pandemic heroes – police, fire, medical, and more) who will be socially distanced on the sidewalks of Huntington Drive and First Ave. The reverse parade ends in the back of the Denny’s parking lot. They will be accepting canned food in a drive through food drive for the Foothill Unity Center. Holiday Downtown Arcadia cooler bags will be given to the first 300 donations. Some businesses will offer specials during the weekend. A model A Car Show from Santa Anita will also be onsite.
- When: Saturday, July 3, 2021, 9am-11am.
- Where: Downtown Arcadia. Reverse Driving Parade begins at 1st Ave. and Huntington Dr.
- Cost: Free
- Who: Sierra Madre Fourth of July Committee
- What: Walk along Sierra Madre Blvd. Bring a chair, live entertainment by Groovy Lemon Pie, family friendly, food and drinks from local restaurants, booths and shops, activities for kids, Bubble Wrap Fireworks (7:00pm), and a movie on the street “American Trail” (7:45pm).
- When: Saturday, July 3rd, 2021, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- Where: Downtown Sierra Madre, CA
- Who: Sierra Madre Community Foundation
- What and When: Firecracker 5K Fun Run 7:30am for runners and walkers of all ages. Women’s Club Open House 8:am with Live Music by the Wabash Wailers 8am – 10am, and the Independence Day Parade 10:00am.
- When: Monday, July 5, 2021.
- Where: 5K Fun Run starts at Kersting Court at Baldwin and Sierra Madre Blvd., Sierra Madre, CA 91024. Women’s Club Open House at 550 W. Sierra Madre Blvd., Sierra Madre, CA 91024. Parade route starts at Sierra Madre Blvd. and Sunnyside Ave.
- Cost: Sierra Madre 4th Of July (sierramadrefourthofjuly.com. 5K Fun Run adults $27, kids $22 online registration. Parade free.
There's a little something for everyone going on around towns.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.