· Redfish – Good. Ladyfish are showing. Use cut ladyfish to target redfish. Live shrimp is good for redfish. The minimum is 20” and the maximum is 28”. The bag limit is three per person per day.
· Speckled Trout – Slow. Popping corks with live shrimp or with an artificial lure work well. The minimum is 17” and the maximum is 23”. The bag limit is three per person per day. These regulations are for areas South of FM 457.
· Flounder – Fair. The minimum length is 15”. The bag limit is five per person per day
· Black Drum – Good. Live or dead shrimp is the best bait. The minimum length is 14” and the maximum length is 30”. The bag limit is five per person per day.
· Other: Menhaden and ladyfish are moving into the bay systems. The sheepshead fishing is slower. The minimum length is for sheepshead is 15” and the bag limit is five per person per day.
Target Areas and Technique: Last week was extremely windy and caused fishing to be difficult. The water is very dirty. Locating baitfish is difficult. Consider using baits that stand out easily in the water. Look for wind-protected shorelines. Loud popping corks and scents, such as Dr. Juice and Pro-Cure, will help the fish find the lures. It would be a good idea to have lures of various sizes and colors. The fish will tell you what they want. If you are not getting action on a particular lure, switch it out until you find something that works.
The fish are starting to hang around shell bottoms. Fish the guts and mouths of the back bays. The fish are in deeper pockets due to the water level being low. Fish the outer edges of the flats and the sides of the ICW.
Forecast Tidal Conditions: Tides have been low because of the frontal systems and the new moon. Major and minor tides are always important and should factor into your fishing plans. Also, pay attention to the wind forecast. The winds have been the major factor in the previous week.
Fish Activity Forecast:
Monday (18) – High Fish Activity (74)
Tuesday (19) – Average Fish Activity (61)
Wednesday (20) –Average Fish Activity (47)
Thursday (21) – Low Fish Activity (33)
Friday (22) – Very Low Fish Activity (19)
Saturday (23) – Very Low Fish Activity (10)
*The fish activity forecast is based on multiple different factors, including, but not limited to solunar information, air pressure, and tidal conditions.
Forecast Wind Conditions and Air Pressure:
Monday (18) – winds from the E and moderate – Barometric Pressure rising
Tuesday (19) – winds from the ESE and moderate – Barometric Pressure falling
Wednesday (20) – winds from the SSE and strong – Barometric Pressure falling
Thursday (21) – winds from the SE and moderate – Barometric Pressure rising
Friday (22) – winds from the SE and moderate – Barometric Pressure falling
Saturday (23) – winds from the SE and strong – Barometric Pressure falling
Monday (18) – Waning Gibbous – illumination 95.5%
Tuesday (19) – Waning Gibbous – illumination 89.4%
Wednesday (20) – Waning Gibbous - – illumination 81.0%
Thursday (21) – Waning Gibbous - – illumination 70.9%
Friday (22) – Waning Gibbous – illumination 59.7%
Saturday (23) – Last Quarter – illumination 48.0%
Sources: Fishing Points App
Texas Fishing Tips - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWNYKVohAlu1vISxXgkzkg