Comedian John Pinette used to joke how he would go into Italian restaurants and then in Italian, say "sono affamato," or roughly "feed me, I'm hungry." Italian restaurants in Michigan have long succeeded in satisfying customers with genuinely authentic cuisine. So settle in, tuck in your bib, loosen your belt a notch or two and try five great Italian restaurants in Michigan.
1. Paisano's Bar and Grill, Three Rivers, Michigan
While Three Rivers' mainstay Paisano's may not belong on anyone's list, it's a personal favorite of mine for one excellent reason. The food at Paisano's is good. From bruschetta to cheeseburgers and a variety of pasta dishes are on hand here. Paisano's, however, ratchets things up a step by throwing in a delivery option and even extends that delivery to beer and wine. So for anyone who's planning a night in, making Paisano's the restaurant of choice just got a whole lot easier.
- Location: 16 N Main St Three Rivers, MI 49093
- Website: https://www.yelp.com/biz/paisanos-pizzeria-three-rivers
- Phone: (269) 278-8525
- Store Hours: Daily from 4 pm-12 am
2. Pereddie's Restaurant and Deli, Holland, Michigan
The third and fourth words on this one sell it. Holland's Pereddie's Restaurant and Deli offers not only the best of an Italian restaurant, right down to freshly baked house bread but also a full-service deli. So whether you're hungry for a full plate of pasta or some faster sandwich options, the full array of options at Pereddie's will do the job. Throw in a dining room that features an indoor patio umbrella, and the casual elegance will make an already exciting experience even better. So if you crave authentic Italian pasta, Pereddie's is the place to be!
- Location: 447 Washington Ave, Holland, MI 49423
- Website: https://www.hollandsentinel.com/news/20190821/local-staple-pereddies-restaurant-up-for-sale
- Phone: 616-394-3061
- Store Hours: Daily from 9 am-9:30 pm
3. Teddy Spaghetti's, Muskegon, Michigan
If the name sounds way too kid-friendly for anyone's good, never fear. Muskegon's Teddy Spaghetti's will deliver plenty of adult-friendly fares as well. Best known for its toasted ravioli—it says as much right on the sign—Teddy Spaghetti's offers a range of pizza, pasta, and appetizer options. In addition, an array of house wines makes it adult, while a children's menu augments the experience for the younger set as well, making it an entirely family-friendly option. What could be more beautiful, more enjoyable, memorable than a good meal, good wine, and good conversation with family and friends once all is said and done? Life is good when you live it like this.
- Location: 032 Heights Ravenna Road, Muskegon, MI 49444
- Website: https://www.teddyspaghettis.net/
- Phone: 231-777-8337
- Store Hours: Mon-Thurs 11am-10pm / Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
4. Tuscan Bistro, Traverse City, Michigan
Tuscan Bistro is an unassuming spot tucked away in Traverse City. Any Italian foodie should visit Tuscan Bistro, providing a particular focus on Northern Italian dishes. According to their site, they have "a dedication to fresh, seasonal ingredients and excellent services, and a casual atmosphere."
- Location: 12930 S W Bay Shore Dr, Traverse City, MI 49684
- Website: https://www.yelp.com/biz/tuscan-bistro-traverse-city
- Phone: 231-922-7795
- Store Hours: Daily 11 am-10 pm
5. Crispigna's, Escanaba, Michigan
Italian in Escanaba? This isn't as crazy as it seems, thanks to Crispigna's, a restaurant that's been cooking its food much the same way for the last four decades. A trendy location in Escanaba offers various appetizers—from mussels to calamari and fried ravioli—and carries on into dinner from pizza to pasta. There's even a slate of desserts from cannoli to gelato to round out the meal.
- Location: 1213 Ludington St. Escanaba, MI 49829
- Website: https://crispignas.com/
- Phone: (906) 786-1213
- Store Hours: Daily from 4-9 pm
Please let us know your dining experiences with the ones mentioned above! You can also comment on your experience with your favorite Italian restaurant in Michigan! Leave your comments below!