Boba tea, also known as bubble tea to some, is a product from Taiwan. A full blown sensation in recent years thanks to social media, the drink primarily consists of tapioca balls, milk, choice of tea, and a sweetener.
Read along to find where to get your boba tea fix in Hoboken and Jersey City.
- Kung Fu Tea | 536 Washington St, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Kung Fu Tea is a New York born tea franchize that specializes in boba specifically. They're known for their super unique toppings that include herbal jelly, oreo, and red bean.
2. Mango Mango | 620 Washington St, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Mang Mango is a dessert shop located right on Washington. First starting out in NYC, they’ve made their way to Hoboken and have become an instant hit. Their drinks are super pretty and instagrammable and include a variety of interesting flavors from matcha to vanilla bean.
3. Gong Cha | 527 Washington St, Hoboken, NJ 07030
One of the most famous bubble tea brands, Gong Cha keeps their ingredients fresh by making the tea every 4 hours.
4. Vivi Bubble Tea | 117 Washington St, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Another franchise with tons of locations in NYC, Vivi offers tons of bubble tea options ranging from oreo creme brule to strawberry cream float and peach cold brew.
- CoCo Fresh Tea and Juice | 420 Grand St, Jersey City, NJ 07302
Located inside Asian supermarket chain, 99 Ranch Market, CoCo offers super vibrant and pretty drinks with flavors ranging from sweet potato to chocolatey flavors.
2. Real Fruit Bubble Tea | 30 Mall Dr W, Jersey City, NJ 07310
Located inside the Newport Mall, Real Fruit is the perfect spot to hit up before going shopping. In addition to the traditional tapioca topping you can also choose from a protein topping to give you some added fuel for shopping.
3. Babo Teahouse | 10 River Dr S, Jersey City, NJ 07310
Babo is unique in the sense that they offer "Bobalato" which is a hybrid of their boba tea and super delcious gelato. This super edgy drink retailer is located right by the Newport waterfront and also offers waffles and chicken wings.
4. Moge Tee Newport | 564 Washington Blvd, Jersey City, NJ 07310
Located right in Newport, Moge tea has got all of the classics. Serving all natural fruit teas, their drinks look and taste simply delectable.