Simsboro Tiger Relays (March 9)
The Parkway Panthers won both the girls and boys competition handily at Simsboro Tiger Relays. Delhi Charter finished as runner up for the boys. The Simsboro Lady Tigers took runner up in the girls division.
Simsboro’s Ikea Brown once again had a dominating performance winning three competitions. Brown took gold in the 100 m (12.68), 300 m hurdles (48.52), and high jump (5-0). The Lady Tigers 4 x 100 relay finished third. The members of the 4 x 100 were Jahkeria Abney, Curniya McCallister, Brooklyn Boyd, and Nuna Rollins
Cedar Creek Lady Cougars claimed three first place finishes and collected five medals. Annie Jones medaled in two events winning the javelin (110-7) and finished second in the high jump. Cara Beth Hill took top honors in the 400 m run (1:04.40). The Lady Cougar 4 x 400 relay team won their race. Taylor Ramsey finished third in the 800 m run.
Abigail Bozeman gave the Lady Wildcats two medals to take back to Sabine Parish. Bozeman won the 3200 m run (12:56.00) and was runner-up in the 1600 m run.
The Quitman Lady Wolverines medaled in three events. Kaliegh King finished as runner-up in the 300 hurdles. Emma Carter finished in third in the high jump. The Lady Wolverine 4 x 200 relay team claimed third. The members of the 4 x 200 were Emayshia Wiley, Maddie Grace Giddens, Neysha Johnson, and Bethany Leach.
Choudrant’s Kamryn Rhodes finished third in the 1600 m run.
Ringgold’s Taylor Weathers chunked the discus for a third place finish.
Ringgold boys team finished third in the team competition. J’bari Adams claimed the only first place finish for the boys team winning the triple jump (40-5.5). Adams also finished in second in the high jump. Trevor Williams took two second place medals with the long jump and as a member of the 4 x 100 relay team. Other members of the team were Xzorion Willis, Ladaunte McCoy, and Ty’Daveon Moore. Caden Allum raced to runner-up in the 400 m run. Kerrion Allums jumped and ran to third place in the 110 hurdles.
Nathan Harvey gave the Quitman Wolverine boys a first place medal in the 300 hurdles (11.43 sec). Harvey was also a member of the third place 4 x 200 relay team. Other members of the 4 x 200 team were Bryan Lay, Jamall Johnson, and Jayden Hurts. Sebastian Guin tossed the shot put to a second place finish. Geoffrey Maxell took bronze in the 100 m run.
The Choudrant Aggies boys team claimed three medals. Connor Thompson finished as runner-up in the 110 hurdles. The Aggies took third place in two field events. Trevor Trevillionn and Jadon Newton competed in the discus and shot put, respectively.
Dillon Kitchens took second place in the 300 m hurdles for the host boy teams.
Cedar Creek took second place and two third place across the parish back home. The Cougar relay 4 x 400 team finished as runner-up. Tate Farrar finished third in the 400 m run. Myles Carpenter Head took third in the 1600 m run.
Airline Viking Relays (March 9)
Mansfield, Loyola, and Haynesville competed among the 14 teams in Bossier City. Airline Viking boys teams claimed the boys team title with Benton finishing second. Benton Lady Tigers won the girls competition while North Desoto Lady Griffins finished runner-up.
Mansfield boys finished sixth. Jaden Youngblood won the 110 hurdles (14.38 sec) for the Wolverines. Isaac Jenkins took two medals finishing second in the 400 m run and third in the long jump.
Loyola’s Franklin Roemer once again claimed yet another gold medal. Roemer won the 800 m run (2:01.11).
Toby Franklin gave Haynesville a third place finish in the shot put.
Haynesville’s Layla Tell took two medals as she placed second in the javelin and third in the high jump. Kahlia Washington finished as runner-up in the high jump.
Lady Wolverine Kaitlynn McDaniel claimed two medals. McDanield finished second in the shot put and third in the discus.
Many Tiger Small School Meet (March 10)
The Many Tigers held a small school meet at their home for the local smaller school to compete. Local Class 2A and smaller that competed were Simpson, Montgomery, Georgetown, Florien, Westminster Christian, and Negreet. Leesville sent a JV team to compete. Many Tigers and Lady Tigers competed but sacrificed their point and medal. With the modified scoring, Leesville JV won the boys division with 137 points Montgomery finishing second by one point behind at 136. Roles were reversed in the girls division as Montgomery won the girls handily while Leesville JV finished second.
Although Many didn’t accept a team award or medals, they provided some noteable performances. Denasia Holden won the 400 m run (1:07.93) and finished runner-up in the high jump. Aysia Ginn took top honors in the high jump (4-2) and raced to third place in the 100 hurdles. Aubrey Ginn had two third place finishes in the 100 m and 200 m run. Emily Miller sailed the javelin (86-9) to a first place performance. Marilye Foster followed Miller in second in the javelin. Kelsey Parrie ran for third in the 3200 m run. Shanya Sweet finished third in shot put. Isaac Sweet finished four for four in his events winning all. Isaac Sweet won the 100 m dash (11.03), 200 m run (23.80), 300 m run (42.38) and 100 m hurdles (15.91). Sean Mitcham also won two events taking the 400 m (54.85) and triple jump (37-9). Mitcham finished second in the pole vault behind Jaxon Foster (9-0). Joseph Yount won the javelin (156-10). Brock Sylvia finished second in the 400 m run. Connor Lewing placed third in the 800 m run.
Florien Blackcats and Lady Blackcats finished fifth in the team competition. The Lady Blackcats relay team shined winning both the 4 x 200 (2:04.94) and 4 x 400 (5:01.33). Members of the two teams were Ady Bennette and Lilly Sparks. Nevaeh Williams and JaNaya McGrough were part of the 4 x 400. Lehr Turner and Natalie LeBlanc were part of the 4 x 200. Williams also placed third in the 400 m run. McGrough finished third in the 800 m run. LeBlace was the 200 m runner-up. The 4 x 400 relay team finished third. Members of the 4 x 100 were Kate Ellzy along with Turner, Sparks, and Williams. Rankin Alford had two top three finishes with. runner-up in the triple jump and third place in the 200 m run. Preston Holloway completed the 400 m run to a third place finish. Jimmy Evans tossed the javelin to a third place finish.
Negreet’s Ava Brown gave the Lady Indians a first place medal in the 100 m run (13.01). Abbey Shanley was right behind her in the race for second.
Knights Relays (March 10)
The Woodlawn Knight hosted relay held at Lee Hedges Stadium in Shreveport featured ten boys teams and nine girls teams. Captain Shreve won the boys team competition while Huntington finished second. Byrd Lady Jackets won a tightly contested competition over second place Huntington. Local teams that competed were Green Oaks, Loyola (boys only), and Glenbrook.
Green Oaks boys finished in fourth in the boys competitions and took home medals in six competitions. Joseph Carroll took two individual medals placing runner-up in the 300 m hurdles and javelin. Cortaveous Dorsey placed second in the triple jump. Cavon Foster flew the discus to a second place finish. Corzavion Tucker took bronze in the 110 hurdles. The Giants 4 x 400 relay team finished third.
King of the long run competitions, Franklin Roemer, claimed two first place medals for the Loyola Flyers.
Chase Sentell was the only Glenbrook Apache on the boys team to medal by winning the 110 hurdles (17.26 sec).
Glenbrook Lady Apache team finished sixth in the team competition claiming medals in thethree competitions. Mattison Fowler finished second in the 1600 m run. Scarlett O’Glee was third in the long jump. The Lady Apache 4 x 800 team finished third.
Gold Team - Girls
- Ava Brown, 100, 13.01, G1, Negreet
- Aubrey Ginn, 200, 29.05, G3, Many
- Cara Beth Hill, 400, 1:04.40, G1, Cedar Creek
- Taylor Ramsey, 800, 2:43.40, G3, Cedar Creek
- Abigail Bozeman, 1600, 6:12.00. G2, Converse
- Abigail Bozeman, 3200, 12:56.00, G1, Converse
- Aysia Ginn, 100H, 23.30, G3, Many
- Kaleigh King, 300H, 54.78, G2, Quitman
- Relay, 4x100, 58.42, G3, Florien
- RElay, 4x200, 1:58.58, G3, Quitman
- Relay, 4x800, 12:51.81, G3, Glenbrook
- Scarlett O’Glee, Long Jump, 16-3.5, G3, Glenbrook
- Kahlia Washington, HJ, 5-0, G2, Haynesville
- Annie Jones, Javelin, 110-7, G1, Cedar Creek
- Kaitlynn McDaniel, Discus, 106-3, G3, Mansfield
- Kaitlynn McDaniel, Shot Put, 33-8, G2, Mansfield
Silver Team - Girls
- Aubrey Ginn, 100, 13.70, G3, Many
- Natalie LeBlanc, 200, 33.74, G2, Florien
- Denasia Holden, 400, 1:07.93, G1, Many
- JaNaya McGrough, 800, 3:08.27, G3, Florien
- Mattison Fowler, 1600, 6:21.06, G2, Glenbrook
- Kelsey Parrie, 3200, 15:58.30, G3, Florien
- Relay, 4x200, 2:04.94, G1, Florien
- Relay, 4x400, 5:01.33, G1, Florien
- Annie Jones, HJ, 4-10, G2, Cedar Creek
- Layla Tell, HJ, 4-10, G3, Haynesville
- Taylor Weathers, Discus, 76-7, G3, Ringgold
- Shanya Sweet, Shot Put, 23-0, G3, Many
Gold Team - Boys
- Isaac Sweet, 100, 11.03, Many
- Isaac Sweet, 200, 23.80, Many
- Isaac Sweet, 300, 42.38, Many
- Isaac Jenkins, 400, 52.58, Mansfield
- Franklin Roemer, 800, 2:01.11, Loyola
- Jaden Youngblood, 110H, 14.38, Mansfield
- Joseph Carroll, 300H, 45.69, Green Oaks
- Franklin Roemer, 1600, 4:32.56, Loyola
- Franklin Roemer, 3200, 9:45.46, Loyola
- Relay, 4x100, 45.40, Ringgold
- Relay, x-200, 1:37.46, Quitman
- Relay, 4x400, 3:55.00, Cedar Creek
- Relay, 4x800, 10:20.44, Many
- J’bari Adams, HJ, 5-10, Ringgold
- Isaac Jenkins, LJ, 21-1, Mansfield
- Cortaveous Dorsey, TJ, 42-3.5, Green Oaks
- Jaxon Foster, PV, 9-0, Many
- Trevor Trevillion, Discus, 115-11, Choudrant
- Joseph Yount, Javelin, 156-10, Many
- Toby Franklin, Shot Put, 43-8, Haynesville
- Geoffrey Maxwell, 100, 11.43, Quitman
- Rankin Alford, 200, 28.17, Florien
- Sean Mitcham, 400, 54.85, Many
- Connor Lewing, 800, 2:44.28, Many
- Isaac Sweet, 100H, 15.91, Many
- Nathan Harvey, 300H, 46.58, Quitman
- Myles Carpenter Head, 1600, 4:57.88, Cedar Creek
- Relay, 4x400, 3:56.45, Green Oaks
- Trevor Williams, LJ, 19-1.5, Ringgold
- J’bari Adams, TJ, 40-5.5, Ringgold
- Sean Mitcham, PV, 8-6, Many
- Cavon Foster, Discus, 99-0, Green Oaks
- Joseph Carroll, Javelin, 109-0, Green Oaks
- Jimmy Evans, Javelin, 109-0, Florien
- Sebastian Guin, Shot Put, 42-6, Quitman
Comments / 0