Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men, women, and people of most racial and ethnic groups in the United States. About 655,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
One of the main reasons for the occurrence of this disease is that due to the defect of inflammation in the arteries, the contaminated blood causes blockage in the artery. If this condition persists for a long time, then diseases related to blood circulation like heart attack, paralysis, etc. When there is swelling and stiffness in the pulse and it increases, then the artery starts narrowing due to which the blood circulation becomes obstructed and the pulse starts to spasm. In this condition, if the heart does not get enough blood, there is a heart attack, there is a pain in the chest which is called angina pectoris.
heart disease symptoms
- Pain in the chest, breathlessness, cough, darkening before the eyes, distorted body color.
- Symptoms like nausea, nervousness, and restlessness, sweating, etc. appear.
- After exertion, if there is a pain in the chest after meals due to emotional stimulation, then it is called angina pectoris. This causes a lot of restlessness to the patient, the face turns pale, sweating occurs, after some time there is a relief, the pain is mostly on the left arm.
- Blood pressure remains elevated.
- There is pain during rest at night, restlessness, blackness on the face, mild fever, and persisting for a long time, it is called coronary thrombosis.
Heart disease preventive Ayurvedic medicines and home remedies
- Ashwagandha, Vitex negundo, Giloy, Arjuna bark, Embelia Ribes, Harad, Baheda, Amla, Dry ginger, Black pepper, and Long pepper - Mix all these together in equal quantity and filter it three times and fill it in a vial after knowing it. . Take 1-1 gm on an empty stomach with honey or water in the morning and at bedtime. If a healthy person consumes this experiment, then there will be no heart disease.
- Boil the decoction of Dashmool and bark of Arjuna by adding 500-500 grams (one kg of both together) in 16 liters of water. When water remains 4 liters, then add one kg of pure ghee of cow to it and boil it again. When the ghee is left, take it off and filter it. Take 1-1 teaspoon of this ghee both in the morning and evening. The hardening of blood vessels ends by taking this medicine. Being fat-soluble, it is able to reach the cell wall. Having a high level of antioxidants reduces the effect of free radicals and reduces inflammation of the arteries, which prevents the possibility of heart disease.
- Hridaya Suddha Syrup (A medicine) - If you are a heart patient and the cardiologist has advised you to undergo the bye-pass surgery or angiography, do try Hriday Sudha Syrup before that. It helps in opening all coronary blood vessels.
- Amalaki Rasayana (A medicine) - Take this powder with water in the morning and evening.
Diet Tips for Heart Patients
1. Increase antioxidants in your diet:
- Make sure to include vitamins C, E, Beta Carotene, Bioflavonoids, whole grains, etc. in your diet. These help prevent damage to your heart.
- Consume one gooseberry daily.
- Steam the vegetables.
- Take juice of juicy citrus fruits and carrots 3-4 times a week to get vitamin C and beta-carotene.
- Take 4 almonds, 2 walnuts, and 1-2 teaspoon sunflower seeds in the morning breakfast, which will increase your vitamin 'E'.
- Take unsaturated fats.
2. MUFA or Monounsaturated fatty acids:
Fatty acids are good for the heart. It is obtained from olive oil, soy, nuts, flaxseed, dark chocolate, etc. The heart is protected by Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, which are mostly obtained from flaxseed. Include these in your diet.
3. Fill your plate with fibrous substances:
Eat fibrous foods to reduce bad cholesterol. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, bi-grain cereals, etc. Oats reduce cholesterol levels, so include oats daily in your diet. Use whole-wheat bread instead of refined wheat flour bread. Take brown rice instead of refined rice.
4. Include Vitamin D:
Researchers have proved by a revision that vitamin 'D' deficiency increases the chances of high blood pressure, can lead to heart attack, and increases the risk of other heart disorders. Taking 20 minutes sunlight bath daily would be beneficial for the supplementation of Vitamin D. You can take vitamin D supplements.
5. Complement your diet with heart-healthy foods:
- Switch to unsaturated fats and eliminate trans fats.
- Use soy milk tofu instead of milk, butter, paneer.
- Include more fruits and boiled vegetables on your plate.
- Reduce the use of salt.
- Stay away from packed food, pickles.
- In snacks, replace wafers, cookies, and chocolate with fruits, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds.
- Roast the grain, cook it in steam.
- Use olive oil, rice bran, sesame, or soya oil in the oil.
Comments / 0