Clarence Edmond Shackelford aka "Shabba" and aka "M1Y", is a publicist, and the founder of Tour Tyler Texas and also the Texas African American Museum both programs are under the auspices of the Empowerment Community Development Corporation, which is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit. - Smith County News
The Smith County Commissioners Court approved a resolution proclaiming today, February 28, 2023, as “Smith County Landowners Association Day” and encourages younger minority farmers and ranchers to join the organization so that it will continue to grow in our community.
Anthony Brown, Smith County AgriLife Extension Agent of Agriculture and Natural Resources, attended Commissioners Court Tuesday with a group of Smith County Landowners Association members, to formally accept the resolution.
The association was established in 1988, and the local chapter was founded to help advise African American farmers, ranchers and minority Smith County landowners on keeping up with their taxes and land payments. The organization currently has 35-40 active members who meet monthly.
A few years ago, the Small Farmers and Ranchers group in northern Smith County joined the association to combine their missions – to help minority landowners network with one another and encourage them to continue farming and ranching and to pass down a legacy to their heirs, the resolution states.
About Empowerment Community Development Corporation
Under the auspices of the Empowerment Community Development Corporation, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit we have 8 flagship programs:
- CAR Texas Academy - (CAR = Coding Aeronautics Robotics Academy™) - Stanley Cofer, program director.
- ENDS - Empowerment Neighborhood Development Services™ - Stanley Cofer, program director.
- I Am Beautiful Movement™ - LaToyia S. Jordan, program director.
- Small and Minority Owned Businesses Initiative™ - Stanley Cofer, program director.
- TAAM - Texas African American Museum™ - Gloria Washington, program director.
- Tour Tyler Texas™ - Clarence Edmond Shackelford, program director.
- Veterans Banquet - LaRhonda Hamilton, program director.
- Learning Pavilion in Wood County ™ - Stanley Cofer, program director.
Sources: https://empowermentcdc.org, - TourTylerTexas@gmail.com
NewsBreak article Sponsored by: LeRoy Francis Sr. DBA Community Funeral Home Tyler and Clarence Edmond Shackelford.
Comments / 0