Tour Tyler Texas, more than just Tourism - Clarence Edmond Shackelford, Community Publicist:
GIVE THE PEOPLE THE LIGHT AND THEY WILL FIND THEIR WAY!
Texas College Academic Excellence - developing a culture of curiosity and creativity that will challenge the frontiers of teaching/learning; stimulate research; raise the level of analytical reasoning and inquiry; and enable students to acquire leadership, human relations, communication, and technology skills.
Texas College is a historic post-secondary institution located in the heart of the East Texas city of Tyler, which provides a unique college experience for the students it serves. The College was founded in 1894 by a group of ministers of the Christian Methodist Episcopal (CME) Church who were interested in offering quality education to African American youth. In the spring of 1894, Texas College received its original charter from the State of Texas and the teaching and learning process became a reality. The first class began in a four-room frame house with six students. From these meager beginnings, Texas College has evolved for 128 years into an institution with a rich heritage that is committed to its mission. The mission of Texas College is to ensure that graduates experience a balanced intellectual, psycho-social and spiritual development aimed at making them active and productive members of society.
Texas College, Tyler Texas Football Season:
Texas College is pleased to announce that Randy Butler has been appointed as Athletic Director for the Steers. Butler, a proud alumnus of Texas College, eagerly looks forward to serving his alma mater as he steers the College's intercollegiate athletic programs in a new direction.
Aside from his tenure as a student, Butler is no stranger to Texas College, or this role, having previously served as Athletic Director from 2012-2013. In addition, Butler has served in a multitude of administrative roles for the College within the Office of Admission and the Office of Financial Aid, and even coached running backs for the Steers. Now, heading into the 2022-2023 seasons, he aims to pick up where left off.
Butler is an East Texas native and alumnus of Chapel Hill High School. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Texas College. Butler is also a proud Veteran of the United States Navy.
- FOOTBALL MASTER SCHEDULE
- September 2022
- Saturday 3rd, 7:00 PM Texas College Football @ Arkansas Baptist College
- Saturday 10th, 2:00 PM Texas College Football vs. Langston University
- Saturday 17th, 6:00 PM Texas College Football @ Panhandle State University
- Saturday 24th, 2:00 PM Texas College Football @ Wayland Baptist University
- October 2022
- Saturday 8th, 7:00 PM Texas College Football @ Ottawa University - Arizona
- Saturday 15th, 2:00 PM Texas College Football @ Lyon College
- Saturday 22nd, 11:00 AM Texas College Football vs. Arizona Christian
- Saturday 29th, 7:00 PM Texas College Football vs. Texas Wesleyan University
- November 2022
- Saturday 5th, 2:00 PM Texas College Football @ Southwestern Assemblies of God Univ
- Homecoming Saturday 12th, 5:00 PM Texas College Football vs. Louisiana College
Texas College is a Historically Black College founded in 1894, by a group of CME ministers. Our mission continues to embody the principles of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church. The College shall prepare students with competencies in critical and creative thinking related to the knowledge, skills, and abilities as defined in areas of study. Additionally, the College shall provide an environment to inspire intellectual, spiritual, ethical, moral, and social development, which empowers graduates to engage in lifelong learning, leadership, and service.
Texas College - a creative, culturally diverse, inclusive environment, preparing students who aspire to be purpose-driven, financially secure, and marketable leaders.
Sources: texasafricanamericanmuseum.org, TourTylerTexas.org, EmpowermentCDC.org.
- Tour Tyler Texas, is more than just Tourism. http://TourTylerTexas.org
- Tour Tyler Texas, under the auspices of the nonprofit, Empowerment Community Development Corporation which is a Community Organization at 309 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd 75702