Information recently showed that the southern border reached a new number of migrants and illegal aliens crossing the border in the past year. Last year, 551,930 illegal immigrants crossed the border. If Texas Governor Greg Abbott didn’t start Operation Lone Star, it’s likely the numbers would be much higher.
The main reason this operation was started was to make up for President Joe Biden’s Open Border Policy and the lack of support the administration provided mainly since he took office.
Governor Abbott was frequently interviewed by NewsMax. In the interview, he said:
“It’s a head-in-the-sand approach, both by the media as well as the Biden Administration. Despite Texas’ record efforts, the problem is still going to exist as long as we have a federal government that has an open border policy.”
Breaking down the numbers of illegal immigrants and migrants
this is what Operations LoneStar has accomplished:
- over 343,000 illegal immigrant apprehensions
- more than 23,000 criminal arrests
- more than 21,000 felony charges reported
- DPS seized over 356 million lethal doses of fentanyl
- Governor Abbott bused more than 9,100 migrants to Washington, D.C.
- over 5,200 migrants bused to New York City since August 5
- more than 1,500 migrants bused to Chicago since August 31
- more than 890 migrants bused to Philadelphia since November 15
Then not included in the numbers from Operation Lone Star are numbers from El Paso, Texas that bused migrants from the city's own operations and support from NGOs.
- El Paso Mayor Oscar Leeser bused 3,259 migrants to Chicago
- bused 10,714 migrants to New York City
- other agencies in El Paso sent migrants to New Mexico and Denver, Colorado
Here is a recent video of the weekly results of Operation Lone Star:
Do you think Abbott's Operation Lone Star has been effective?