We all know how the COVID-19 pandemic has taken a toll on the world. Nevertheless, there has been some positives including the fact that it has caused many people to reflect and spark a plan of action to make positive health changes in their lives. A recent press release suggests that according to 350 health-oriented individuals that were surveyed:
- 96% believe that taking small steps or setting milestones is the best way to reach their health goals
- 65% are trying to lose weight
- 59% are trying to eat a better diet
- 38% believe that nutrition is most important to them for a healthy lifestyle
This is why Atkins is encouraging positive change for all for the next five weeks through a challenge. Some basics include bring active and looking into how to treat your body and mind to making healthy lifestyle changes. Examples include:
- Prepping a healthy lunch
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator
- Not checking your phone the second you wake up
- 5-minute mindfulness
- Guilty of ordering takeout every night? Meal prep on the weekends to reduce takeout orders
"At Atkins, we believe that proper nutrition is core to good health and is an integral part of a holistic lifestyle for overall wellness," said Scott Parker, CMO at Atkins. "Creating small changes and simple swaps to reduce carbs and sugar is just one example. We have launched #AtkinsSmallWins which will empower and motivate consumers to celebrate small wins to make changes in various aspects of their lives that can reap big rewards," said Parker.
According to the press release, each week will focus on a different health focus area:
- Week of 10/11: Physical Health & Fitness
- Sample Small Wins Tip: Start your day off with a walk around the block or incorporate strength training into your daily routine by adding in one or two sets of lifting lighter-weight (i.e., 5 to 10 lb.) dumbbells.
- Week of 10/18: Home & Organization
- Sample Small Wins Tip: Reorganize a small space that causes stress within your home.
- Week of 10/25: Financial Health
- Sample Small Wins Tip: Set aside a few dollars per week to contribute to a personal holiday gift giving fund.
- Week of 11/1: Nutrition
- Sample Small Wins Tip: Reduce carbs and sugar with easy recipe swaps such as subbing whipped cauliflower for mashed potatoes.
- Week of 11/8: Mental Health
- Sample Small Wins Tip: Start off your day with short 1-, 5-, or 10-minute meditations.
The sky is the limit when it comes to making positive change!