October is almost here and with fall comes cooler weather and all the delicious flavors of fall, like pumkin spice and caramel apple. Louisiana is known for its abundancy of pecans tree and some incredible recipes to use them in. These pecan caramel apple muffins are the perfect fall treat for breakfast or an after dinner dessert that is so quick and easy to make and your whole family will enjoy.
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of pecans, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of granny smith apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 12 caramel candies, chopped
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of instant oats
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Dash of vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, add the egg, milk, butter, vanilla and whisk togther .
- Stir in the dry ingredients just lightly moist.
- Gently add in the chopped apples, caramel and pecans.
- Fill 12 paper-lined muffin cups about 3/4 of the way full.
- Combine the topping ingredients then sprinkle it over the muffin batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or a toothpick test comes out clean.
Serve and enjoy!!!