The start of football season is literally just days away and this taco dip makes the perfect game day party or tailgating appetizer to kickoff the season. Your family and friends will just love all flavors of a taco perfectly blended in this cheesy, delicious dip recipe that is so easy to make and clean up as well.
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes with chiles, drained
- 2 cups of Mexican or taco blend cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 bags of tortilla chips, for serving
- Black olives, cilantro, diced tomatoes and sour cream for topping and garnish
NOTE: Using a slow cooker liner makes cleanup so easy
- In a large skillet, add the ground beef and cook on medium heat and crumble, until browned.
- Stir in the diced onions and jalapeno pepper and cook a few more minutes, until soft.
- Drain the grease and set skillet aside.
- Put a liner in slow cooker then add the ground beef, beef broth, cornstarch, taco seasoning and diced tomatoes.
- Mix well to combine. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Then stir in half of the shredded cheese, mix well then top the dip with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese on top has melted.
- Top the dip with your choice of garnishes and toppings.
Serve hot with tortilla chips and enjoy!