This Cajun seafood dip is a delicious blend of seafood, veggies, spices and cheese that gets all baked together into ooey gooey goodness. This dip is so easy to make and full of flavor that it will become an instant favorite for family movie night or a get together with friends.
- 1- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound of small shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 2- 6 ounce cans of crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 can of cream of shrimp or cream of chicken soup
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small pan, scoop in the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir over low heat until it has melted and smooth and creamy.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, sauté the onion, celery and bell pepper in rest of the butter until they are fragrant and tender.
- Stir in the shrimp, crabmeat, cream of chicken or shrimp soup, garlic salt, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning and cream cheese mixture.
- Stir half of the shredded cheese into the dip, then sprinkle the other half on top of it.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and is nice and bubbly.
- Garnish with green onions, serve hot with fresh French bread, baguettes or crackers and enjoy!
Comments / 1