In the heart of Wintertime, there is nothing better than some stick to your ribs, comfort food. This simple and easy recipe for crab and corn bisque just hits the spot, with less than one hour to prepare.
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups of whole kennel corn
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of seafood stock
- 1 pound of jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup of salted butter
- 1 sweet yellow onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup of celery, chopped finely
- 1 bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
- ½ cup of green onions, diced thin
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a saucepan then gradually whisk in the flour.
- Continue whisking constantly, until a light-colored roux forms then set it aside.
- NOTE: Do not overcook the roux, this will ruin the dish.
- Next, add the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic, whisk and sauté' until they are tender.
- Add the salt, black and cayenne pepper and season to taste.
- Stir in the stock, corn and bay leaf and bring to a light simmer.
- Next, pour in the milk and heavy whipping cream and stir.
- When it starts to simmer, reduce the heat to low and cook for a few more minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the roux, 1 tablespoon at a time. This will make sure it melts completely.
- Continue to cook on low heat, while whisking until it thickens.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat and green onions and simmer a few more minutes.
- Season again with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!!
Comments / 3