Who doesn't love a good cobbler and an easy one to make at that? If you are not familiar with cobbler, it is a fruit-filled dessert made in a deep dish, that has a thick, cake-like crust on top. Some of the most popular, traditional cobblers are made with peaches, apples or blueberries but you can really make any kind of cobbler with just a few simple ingredients. This snickerdoodle apple cobbler is one that is filled with ooey gooey goodness and so easy to make, just layer into a baking pan for a simple and delicious dessert.
- 6 cups of granny smith apples, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup of sifted flour
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 7.5 ounce package of sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1 jar of caramel sauce for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 9 by 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together butter, sugar cookie mix and 1 tbsp of cinnamon at medium speed just until combined and crumbly. Then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 tbsp of cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, brown sugar and 1/3 cup of granulated sugar. Toss the sliced apples into the flour mixture until they are completely coated.
- Spread the apples evenly into the baking dish. Top apples with crumbled sugar cookie mixture, carefully pressing the dough.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of sugar with 1 tbsp of cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, until top of cobbler is completely golden brown and bubbling.
For an extra sweet treat, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzled with caramel and enjoy!