I strongly suggest you learn about it and add this new income stream. Here are strategies you can steal.
New social media apps normally die in a horrible car crash.
Look at Clubhouse.
Literally, copied and thrown in the bin after a few months. I’ve been hearing about Web 3.0 platforms for content creators since March. I decided to take the plunge and break my rule of staying away from new apps.
You’re about to learn:
- How to make money from the platform
- How to build an audience quickly (and for free)
- The easiest strategy to succeed
Let’s get into it.
Why this new platform has a high chance of succeeding
The new platform I’m referring to is Bitclout. It’s built on blockchain and is fully decentralized. The code is open source. They’ve been running since March 2021, so you’re extremely early. Bitclout has it’s own cryptocurrency called “Clout” (more on that later).
The danger of putting content on a new platform is the failure rate is high. Jumping from platform to platform, looking for gold at the end of a rainbow is almost always a bad idea.
Bitclout is different.
I’m a banker at heart. That means I throw away the marketing brochures and get straight to what matters: who’s on board?
The investors are:
- Andreessen Horowitz (investors behind Airbnb, Lyft, Pinterest, Slack, Instagram, Oculus VR, Stripe)
- The Winklevoss (co-founders of Facebook from the movie “The Social Network”)
- Sequoia Capital
- Coinbase (crypto company listed on the US stock exchange)
- Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian
- Billionaire Chamath Palihapitiya from Social Capital
With so many high-profile investors, the chance of the platform and your content simply disappearing in a month or two is unlikely. These investors know a thing or two about social media, and why it must be decentralized.
How content creators can make money
Bitclout takes some time to understand. If you haven’t been involved with crypto since the early days like me, then some of the features are hard to learn. There are many ways to make money on Bitclout:
- Your content creator name can become a stock. People can invest in you and your content the same way they can buy a company like PayPal on the US stock exchange. On Bitclout, you’re now a stock. When people invest in your stock, the price of your name goes up. When the price of your stock goes up, because you own some of that stock, you benefit and can cash out all or some of it.
- People can ‘diamond like’ your content. This gives you ‘clout’ — and clout can be traded in for US dollars.
- Random content creators gift you their stocks. They do it as a form of marketing to gain attention, or in the hope you might buy more. Either way, it’s free money. As your following grows, more content creators will give you their stocks.
Now all of the engagement your content gets actually earns you money, rather than the Facebook model of selling the follower/like dream and then using your content to sell their ads and give you zero cashola.
Money is a distraction from the best feature
I frankly don’t give a toss about the money features on Bitclout. What matters is this: right now your content can reach a brand new audience for free.
In one day you can start getting a lot of engagement on your posts. Why does this matter? Engagement on social media allows you to take users off the platform and into your own ecosystem (your website or email list).
Step by step strategy:
- Take your popular highlights from your articles or your best tweets and share them on Bitclout.
- Place a link in your Bitclout bio to your website or mailing list.
- Occasionally publish a post telling people how they can sign up for your email list or visit your website.
Because Bitclout is brand new, the barrier to entry is zero. You can have no followers and instantly find an audience for your content. Obviously, the glory days won’t last. That’s why publishing your recycled content on Bitclout as soon as possible is the best way to succeed.
Put it this way: you can’t set up a social media account today and get 200 followers by the end of the day. You can on Bitclout. Read that again.
My results so far (that you can easily copy)
Okay, not here to brag, but I want to show you what’s possible because so many people tell us we’re stupid and will never succeed as creatives. Let’s prove them wrong.
Within 24-hours the following happened to me:
- My stock became the third-highest daily gainer in price on the platform.
- My stock went from nothing to over $700.
- I gained 200 followers in a single day.
- I discovered a group of 500 other content creators via Telegram. This created incredible networking opportunities.
- I earned a mountain of ‘diamond likes.’
Let’s play out the doomsday scenario
I know what you’re thinking: not another freaking platform. I thought that too. If you decide to leave or the app dies in popularity, here’s what happens.
- Likes go in the trash.
- Followers go in the trash.
- Your shiny profile and bio go in the trash.
- You cash in the diamond likes for dollars.
- You sell the stocks of other content creators for dollars.
- You sell your content creator stock for dollars.
- You keep the visits to your website.
- You keep the great network of friends from apps like Telegram.
- You keep the email subscribers and they become an audience you own. You might even decide to sell products and services to the email subscribers you got and quit your job with the money you make.
I do not see any downsides of Bitclout. Do you?
Now, if Bitclout succeeds, which I think they will, then you’ve got a decent audience on a brand new platform that is growing at a rapid rate and the masses are joining faster than TikTok.
Now you’re content creator royalty. You’ve just built something special. You’ve possibly even built a brand new career.
On the first day I joined Bitclout, I felt like Big Bird showing up for a coding interview at Google with both the founders, holding a Donald Duck lunch box. If a not-very smart guy from the Australian desert can join this new platform, recycle content, and make a few dollars, then why can’t you? You can.
Join Bitclout and start posting content. It’s the quickest way to find a new audience, sign them up to your mailing list, and sell books or courses or coaching or whatever you want.
Making money on Web 3.0 is stupidly simple. All you have to do is be early and have a library of existing content, or be prepared to create content.
Welcome to the future of social media for content creators. Get excited.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.