Norfolk, VA

Virginia Mother Of Three Suddenly Vanishes After Affair With Married Man Ends And Hatchet Found In His Wife's Trunk

The Vivid Faces of the Vanished
Reshaunda Therace GeraldPhoto byThe Charley Project

Reshaunda Therace Gerald is an avid social media user. The Norfolk, Virginia mother of three updated her Facebook page multiple times a day. The last post that she made was on January 4, 2017, at 8:12 am, family reports. Her mother saw Reshaunda on the same day, at 8:00 am, when she left their house on Coleman Place in a black Nissan with an ex-boyfriend, Mark Morgan, the Charley Project reports. She told her mother she would return to pick her daughters up from school at 3:00 pm, family members report. The ex-boyfriend and Reshaunda were previously engaged, but their relationship ended because Mark was already married and refused to leave his wife, reports the Charley Project.

Her family called her cell phone multiple times, but their calls went straight to voicemail. The family knew Reshaunda would never leave her three children, then ages 15, 10, and 8 and her father reported Reshaunda missing on January 6, 2017.

Authorities questioned, Mark, the married, ex-boyfriend, who confessed to an intimate relationship with Reshaunda. According to court documents, he told investigators he was married and had been in a relationship with Reshaunda for a year. He said he picked Reshaunda up the morning of January 4, 2017, driving his wife’s black Nissan. He took her to pay her water bill at the Norfolk Utilities Department and then to a carwash in Portsmouth, where they were intimate in the Nissan. Three hours he later, he dropped her off at the intersection of Lincoln Street and Olney Road. He then spent the night with his wife at the Fairfield Inn at 1560 Crossways Boulevard in Chesapeake, Virginia.

Investigators discovered through cell records and video surveillance footage that Mark was lying. The pair was never at a car wash that day, and he never dropped Reshaunda off at the intersection of Lincoln and Olney.

Instead, her phone pinged off cellphone towers near the home Mark shared with his wife in Chesapeake on January 4, 2017, from 10:49 am through 11:09 pm. Her phone also pinged the cell phone towers located across the street from the Fairfield Inn Hotel on Crossways Boulevard the same night Mark stayed there with his wife.

On February 11, 2017, investigators searched the black Nissan belonging to his wife and found a trunk mat and hatchet wrapped in a plastic bag that tested positive for human blood.

They determined the hatchet was purchased from a Meiggs Hardware store at 1153 George Washington Highway North on January 7, 2017, two days after Reshaunda was reported missing.

There is no news of any charges or arrests made by the authorities in connection with her disappearance.

Reshaunda Therace Gerald has never been found.

Reshaunda Therace Gerald is 5’1" and weighs 110 pounds. She was last seen wearing a pink jacket with fur inside, blue jeans with holes in the knees, and pink and black Jordan shoes.

There is a Facebook page dedicated to finding Reshaunda, Bring Reshaunda Gerald Home Now:

If you have any information, please contact the Norfolk Crime Stoppers at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.

Comments / 4

Published by

The Vivid Faces of the Vanished tells the stories of missing and murdered minorities and real stories about everyday life situations. Readers are invited to submit tips on cases, suggest new and cold cases, and submit their real-life stories to share.

Columbus, OH

More from The Vivid Faces of the Vanished

Chula Vista, CA

Mystery of Charitable Doctor Vanished in Tijuana

Dr. Hugues Bellevue is a charitable oncologist. Dr. Bellevue lived at 1987 McCloud River Road in Chula Vista, but he owned a clinic in Mexico. On November 13, 2013, 59-year-old Dr. Bellvue vanished from his clinic, Saint Marc Hospital, in Playas de Tijuana, Mexico. Authorities believe he was driving his white 2001 Chevrolet Astro van with license plate number 4PHF788 to Chula Vista, California. When the Mexican police executed a search warrant at Dr. Bellvue's clinic, they discovered there was furniture missing. The furniture was found at a different location. The family of Dr. Bellevue hired private investigator Bill Garcia.“This furniture ended up with some blood splatter that was deemed to be his DNA. There was high-velocity blood splatter that was found in different areas of the room,” Bill Garcia told CBS 8. Investigators interviewed witnesses who said they heard gunshots on the night that Dr. Bellevue vanished. “Unfortunately, we believe he lost his life on the day he went missing,” Bill Garcia told CBS 8. “There's dozens and dozens, almost a hundred elements of evidence in this case, and a year and a half later it still hasn't seen a judge."Bill Garcia believes Dr. Bellvue was targeted for money by those familiar with his business."They saw Dr. Bellevue as a cash cow and thought they could go back and essentially extort him for money,” Bill Garcia told CBS 8. Dr. Hugues Bellevue is 5'11'' and weighed 165 pounds when he vanished. If you have any information, please contact the Chula Vista Police Department at 619-691-5151.

Read full story
Atlanta, GA

Where Is Darron? The Foster Child Who Never Came Home

Darron Glass lived with his foster mother, Fannie Mae Smith, at 2289 Memorial Drive Southeast in Atlanta, Georgia. Both of Darron's parents are deceased and he was a ward of the state. DeKalb County paid Fannie $3.29 per day for Darron, described by Fannie as a "typical 10-year-old boy who liked to eat, drink Kool-Aid, play records and make noise," she told reporters. On September 14, 1980, Darron planned to meet a local church group to ride to an Atlanta Braves baseball game on the church bus. According to Fannie, he never arrived home. Some reports state Darron was seen getting off the school bus at the corner of Glenwood Avenue SE and Second Ave SE in Atlanta. When Darron disappeared, Fannie put a trace on her phone but took it off because the trace cost $1 per month. One day, someone called with an emergency call from "Darron" but when Fannie answered, there was silence on the other end, and the call disconnected. The person never called back. Shortly after Darron vanished, Fannie began requesting money in exchange for interviews. Darron's case worker, Thomas Bailey, expressed concerns to his supervisor about Darron living in the Smith home. He felt the placement was "unsuitable" for Darron, but his concerns were ignored. On November 15, 1980, the day after Darron vanished, Thomas received a call from a woman who claimed to be his sister and wanted to adopt Darron. Thomas advised the caller that Darron was missing and the woman hung up and never called back. Darron Glass has never been found. Darron Glass was 4'9" and weighed 75 pounds when he vanished. If you have any information about his disappearance, please contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation at the Atlanta, Georgia Office at 404-679-9000.

Read full story
Nashville, TN

The Mystery of George Owens

My name is George Owens. I lived in Nashville, Tennessee with my wife, who I was married to for over 60 years. In the summer of 1985, my wife went to Ohio to visit and when she returned on July 22, 1985, I drove to pick her up from the bus station. I never arrived. My brother picked my wife up when she was unable to reach me. When she arrived home, I was gone, along with my car, a 1972 Dodge Dart. My wife reported me missing and people started calling in with sightings of me. I was sighted on Route 13, 80 miles away from Nashville, between 9:00 and 10:00 a.m., on July 22, 1985. This was the same day I was supposed to pick my wife up and hours afterward. I stopped at a service station in Santa Fe, Tennessee to have a flat tire repaired and I paid for the tire in cash. I asked the attendant for directions to Nolensville, Tennessee. The attendant misunderstood and gave me directions to Lobelville, Tennessee, which was in the opposite direction. I was seen at a store in Lobelville where I seemed disoriented and asked for my wife. I have never been seen or heard from again. On July 28, 1985, my 1972 Dodge Dart was found more than 100 miles from my home on a remote hilltop in Perry County, Tennessee. The keys were in the ignition, the driver's side window was open, the battery was dead, and my cane was propped against my car. It appeared as if I was trying to start a campfire. A witness said they saw a truck follow my car down the road where it was found and the truck came back out shortly after, but my vehicle never did. I have never been found. My precious wife of sixty years died in 1989 never knowing what happened to me. If you have any information about my disappearance, please contact the Perry County Sheriff's Department at 931-589-8803.

Read full story

Comments / 0