Tulsa, OK

An Oklahoma State University Medical Center Employee Suddenly Vanished After Going Out For Cigarettes

The Vivid Faces of the Vanished

Angie Denise TuckerPhoto byThe Charley Project

On October 6, 2007, Angie Denise Tucker, an Oklahoma State University Medical Center employee, awoke to someone in her Tulsa, Oklahoma home. She realized that Allen Shields, her ex-boyfriend, had broken into her apartment. Allen raped Angie and fled. He was arrested for burglary and rape, posted bond, and he was released the same day. Angie received a restraining order against Allen, who claimed the encounter was consensual, reports the Charley Project.

Angie and her two children, Yamauine and Day Day, went to stay with her mother near Apache Street and Yale Avenue. On November 3, 2007, 34-year-old Angie, who did not own a vehicle, told her mother she was going out for cigarettes. The devoted mother has never been seen or heard from again.

Investigators questioned Allen, who said he had no idea where Angie was, the Charley Project reports. Her family contacted the police and media and conducted their own searches, while passing out flyers.

"We have no clue where she is. And, that's what's so frustrating is that we don't have a starting point of where to look. And, everybody is just worried sick," her older brother, Hylan Tucker, told News On 6.

In September 2008, Neal Sweeney, an area businessman, was murdered. Allen, his brother and three other men were suspects in his homicide.

In February 2010, Allen found the home of an ex-girlfriend and broke in with a gun, drugs, mask, handcuffs, disinfectant wipes and pepper spray. He waited 13 hours for his ex and her 9-year-old daughter to return home. When they entered the house, he attacked the woman, and he daughter was able to call the police. When officers arrived, they arrested Allen.

In June 2010, the charges in the case against Angie were dropped, due to lack of evidence. Angie was missing.

In July 2010, he pled guilty to felony assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and was sentenced to house arrest.

In October 2010, he agreed to testify against the other defendants in the Neal Sweeney murder case, received 10 years’ probation, and was released from prison.

In April 2011, he returned to the home of his ex and her daughter, broke in and held the same child who previously called the police and rescued her mother hostage.

After a standoff with officers, Allen let the little girl go and shot himself soon after. He died on the same day he was scheduled to appear in court.

Angie Denise Tucker has never been found. Her children were being raised by relatives.

Angie Denise Tucker is 5'5"-5'6" and weighs 155 pounds. If you have any information, please contact the Tulsa Police Department at 918-596-9333.

This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.

Comments / 0

Published by

The Vivid Faces of the Vanished tells the stories of missing and murdered minorities and real stories about everyday life situations. Readers are invited to submit tips on cases, suggest new and cold cases, and submit their real-life stories to share.

Columbus, OH

More from The Vivid Faces of the Vanished

Mystery of Charitable Doctor Vanished in Tijuana

Dr. Hugues Bellevue is a charitable oncologist. Dr. Bellevue lived at 1987 McCloud River Road in Chula Vista, but he owned a clinic in Mexico. On November 13, 2013, 59-year-old Dr. Bellvue vanished from his clinic, Saint Marc Hospital, in Playas de Tijuana, Mexico. Authorities believe he was driving his white 2001 Chevrolet Astro van with license plate number 4PHF788 to Chula Vista, California. When the Mexican police executed a search warrant at Dr. Bellvue's clinic, they discovered there was furniture missing. The furniture was found at a different location. The family of Dr. Bellevue hired private investigator Bill Garcia.“This furniture ended up with some blood splatter that was deemed to be his DNA. There was high-velocity blood splatter that was found in different areas of the room,” Bill Garcia told CBS 8. Investigators interviewed witnesses who said they heard gunshots on the night that Dr. Bellevue vanished. “Unfortunately, we believe he lost his life on the day he went missing,” Bill Garcia told CBS 8. “There's dozens and dozens, almost a hundred elements of evidence in this case, and a year and a half later it still hasn't seen a judge."Bill Garcia believes Dr. Bellvue was targeted for money by those familiar with his business."They saw Dr. Bellevue as a cash cow and thought they could go back and essentially extort him for money,” Bill Garcia told CBS 8. Dr. Hugues Bellevue is 5'11'' and weighed 165 pounds when he vanished. If you have any information, please contact the Chula Vista Police Department at 619-691-5151.

Read full story
Atlanta, GA

Where Is Darron? The Foster Child Who Never Came Home

Darron Glass lived with his foster mother, Fannie Mae Smith, at 2289 Memorial Drive Southeast in Atlanta, Georgia. Both of Darron's parents are deceased and he was a ward of the state. DeKalb County paid Fannie $3.29 per day for Darron, described by Fannie as a "typical 10-year-old boy who liked to eat, drink Kool-Aid, play records and make noise," she told reporters. On September 14, 1980, Darron planned to meet a local church group to ride to an Atlanta Braves baseball game on the church bus. According to Fannie, he never arrived home. Some reports state Darron was seen getting off the school bus at the corner of Glenwood Avenue SE and Second Ave SE in Atlanta. When Darron disappeared, Fannie put a trace on her phone but took it off because the trace cost $1 per month. One day, someone called with an emergency call from "Darron" but when Fannie answered, there was silence on the other end, and the call disconnected. The person never called back. Shortly after Darron vanished, Fannie began requesting money in exchange for interviews. Darron's case worker, Thomas Bailey, expressed concerns to his supervisor about Darron living in the Smith home. He felt the placement was "unsuitable" for Darron, but his concerns were ignored. On November 15, 1980, the day after Darron vanished, Thomas received a call from a woman who claimed to be his sister and wanted to adopt Darron. Thomas advised the caller that Darron was missing and the woman hung up and never called back. Darron Glass has never been found. Darron Glass was 4'9" and weighed 75 pounds when he vanished. If you have any information about his disappearance, please contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation at the Atlanta, Georgia Office at 404-679-9000.

Read full story
Nashville, TN

The Mystery of George Owens

My name is George Owens. I lived in Nashville, Tennessee with my wife, who I was married to for over 60 years. In the summer of 1985, my wife went to Ohio to visit and when she returned on July 22, 1985, I drove to pick her up from the bus station. I never arrived. My brother picked my wife up when she was unable to reach me. When she arrived home, I was gone, along with my car, a 1972 Dodge Dart. My wife reported me missing and people started calling in with sightings of me. I was sighted on Route 13, 80 miles away from Nashville, between 9:00 and 10:00 a.m., on July 22, 1985. This was the same day I was supposed to pick my wife up and hours afterward. I stopped at a service station in Santa Fe, Tennessee to have a flat tire repaired and I paid for the tire in cash. I asked the attendant for directions to Nolensville, Tennessee. The attendant misunderstood and gave me directions to Lobelville, Tennessee, which was in the opposite direction. I was seen at a store in Lobelville where I seemed disoriented and asked for my wife. I have never been seen or heard from again. On July 28, 1985, my 1972 Dodge Dart was found more than 100 miles from my home on a remote hilltop in Perry County, Tennessee. The keys were in the ignition, the driver's side window was open, the battery was dead, and my cane was propped against my car. It appeared as if I was trying to start a campfire. A witness said they saw a truck follow my car down the road where it was found and the truck came back out shortly after, but my vehicle never did. I have never been found. My precious wife of sixty years died in 1989 never knowing what happened to me. If you have any information about my disappearance, please contact the Perry County Sheriff's Department at 931-589-8803.

Read full story

Comments / 0