Pensacola, FL

Michael Jermaine Lawson's Car Was Left Running In A Florida Parking Lot. He's Never Been Seen Again.

The Vivid Faces of the Vanished
Michael Jermaine LawsonThe Charley Project

31-year-old Michael Lawrence and the mother of his two young daughters were engaged. The family lived in Pensacola, Florida. On January 24, 2013, Michael drove his silver 1997 Honda Civic to the Grocery Outlet in the Brentwood Shopping Plaza on Brent Lane.

"All I know, he got a phone call, and he left. That's as much as I know about it, his mother Sharon Gardner told WEAR-TV.

Surveillance cameras picked up footage of Michael in the parking lot. Michael got out of his car and got into another vehicle. According to WEAR-TV, the store manager said he "heard gunshots and the car drove away." Michael was still inside the vehicle when it pulled out of the parking lot. Michael's car was left running in the parking lot between the Grocery Outlet and the Burger King in the Brentwood Shopping Plaza.

“We got a call from the law enforcement, and they were saying a car was up there at the burger king and the car was just running,” Sharon told WKRG.

"At this point, all of the leads we had, we've exhausted," Sergeant Brian Shorette told WEAR-TV. "We have to acknowledge the possibility that [Lawson] may have been killed."

Michael's mother, Sharon, is hopeful her son will return home.

"I haven't stopped hoping that he's going to come up one day," Sharon told WEAR-TV.

Michael's daughters ask about their father.

"I still talk to them about him," Sharon said. "We celebrate birthdays and anniversaries still."

On January 10, 2013, two weeks before the disappearance of Michael Lawson, three men were shot in a drug-related assault in the 700 block of Belair Road. One man died from the shooting, and Michael Lawson's cousin, who he was close to, was one of several people arrested in connection with the incident. Authorities do not believe the shooting and the disappearance of Michael are related, reports The Charley Project.

"It's been hard, not seeing him, not getting my phone calls every day because when he was around he would call every day and ask me 'Mama, how you doing? Nobody bothering you, is it?' And we'd laugh and he'd say 'Talk to you later, I'd be over there.' So he would come around every day," Sharon told WEAR-TV.

"I need to know what happened to my son. Someone, please let me know."

Michael Lawson was 5'11" and weighed 160-174 pounds when he vanished.

If you have any information, please contact the Escambia County Sheriff's Office at 850-433-7867.

Comments / 44

Published by

The Vivid Faces of the Vanished tells the stories of missing and murdered minorities and real stories about everyday life situations. Readers are invited to submit tips on cases, suggest new and cold cases, and submit their real-life stories to share.

Columbus, OH

More from The Vivid Faces of the Vanished

Comments / 0