RUSSIAGATE TRIAL UPDATE: Special Prosecutor John Durham Files a Bombshell Report Only Weeks Before Start of Trial

The Veracity Report

According to Durham, Russian-born Igor Danchenko made up sources for at least two of the most sensational claims in the Steele dossier

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=1cPgN3_0i2XgAGf00
Image Courtesy of veracityreport.org

New information filed by “Russiagate” Prosecutor John Durham declared that two of the most sensational elements of the Steele dossier – that President Donald Trump once saw prostitutes in the Moscow Ritz-Carlton and that he engaged in a “well-developed conspiracy" with the Kremlin, were completely fabricated by Russian-born FBI informant Igor Danchenko.

Durham’s bombshell filing also stated that the FBI could have ended Mr. Danchenko’s Washington career in 2010 after learning he wanted to buy classified information from Obama aides and pass it to Russia, but the agency botched the probe.

When the dossier was leaked in January 2017, those two claims drove the media to label Mr. Trump an election cheater and traitor.

Days later, Democrats at a House intelligence hearing tried to get witnesses such as FBI Director James Comey to attest that Russian intelligence typically orchestrates sex in Moscow hotel rooms for blackmail.

On Sept. 13, a new filing by prosecutor John Durham said Mr. Danchenko had zero sources for those claims which he fed to his London client, dossier author Christopher Steele. Steele, not so coincidentally, was financed by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic Party.

Durham has also learned that Mr. Danchenko coached a previous client on how to fabricate sources in intelligence reports, advising this client to put sources in all-caps–––which Mr. Steele did in the subsequent 2016 dossier.

Danchenko has pleaded not guilty to five charges of lying to the FBI.

Durham’s legal brief reveals how the FBI's top echelon kept Mr. Trump under investigation for years while agents used the hoax dossier to pursue him.

What’s more, according to the recent filings by the prosecutor, Danchenko was on the FBI payroll as a confidential human source (CHS) in March 2017 after a session of lying to agents, Durham now discloses. The hiring further explains why he sat down with them for repeated interviews.

What is not explained is why the FBI kept him on the payroll until October 2020 during the Trump presidency, and, at least so far, we don’t know what Danchenko, who was once suspected by the U.S. of being a Russian agent, specifically said during those meetings.

Some additional pieces of information revealed by Durham in his September 13 filings reveal that Danchenko worked at the Brookings Institution in 2008 and that while doing so, he approached two colleagues. He asked if they would supply classified information for cash after appointments in the incoming Obama administration.

One Brookings employee went to the FBI, which opened a counter-intelligence probe and discovered that Danchenko had made contact with the Russian embassy and intelligence service.

The FBI closed the investigation, however, after mistakenly believing he left the country.

Also unexplainable is why the FBI would continue paying the dossier’s chief source as the Democratic-financed claims collapsed before the bureau terminated him.

What Mr. Durham presents in his filing on evidence for a trial set to begin next month is that Danchenko fabricated his sources when he spoke to the FBI and Mr. Steele.

Danchenko said the “well-developed conspiracy” assessment came from a phone call with a source he believed to be Sergei Millian. Millian is a Belarus-born U.S. Citizen who ran an organization called the Russian-American Chamber of Commerce.

The Durham brief in U.S. District Court in Alexandria states that Danchenko never spoke to Millian and Millian never provided any dossier information.

At one point, Danchenko told the FBI he spoke in July for a dossier item that appeared in June 2016.

Durham’s statement declares:

“Put bluntly, these facts demonstrate that the defendant could not keep his lies straight and that the defendant engaged in a concerted effort to deceive the FBI about the sourcing (or lack thereof) of the Steele Reports.”

For the Ritz Carlton fiction, the filing says, Danchenko attributed the story to a source that fits the description of Bernd Kuhlen, the hotel’s manager.

But Kuhlen, listed as a prosecution witness, says he never spoke to Danchenko or heard the Trump tale.

This brings us next to Charles Dolan, a Hillary Clinton-connected PR contractor who worked for the Kremlin and mixed with hotel staff during a June visit to Moscow.

Dolan became an information source for Danchenko whom he used to network with foreign clients. Dolan went on to tell prosecutors that he had lunch with Kuhlen at the Ritz and was shown by staff the hotel’s presidential suite where Mr. Trump supposedly stayed. But Dolan now testifies that there was never any talk of Trump whatsoever, and he will gladly testify to that in court and under oath.

The Moscow tale appeared in Mr. Steele’s first memo dated June 20, 2016, the same month that Dolan and Danchenko were in Moscow. Kuhlen, the hotel manager, is labeled as “Source E,” the Durham filing says.

Danchenko told the FBI in May 2017 that “Source D” “could be referring to Sergei Millian.”

Said Durham in his report, “In short, the Government intends to prove at trial that the defendant falsely sought to attribute the Ritz Carlton Allegations to Mr. Kuhlen.”

To show Danchenko’s pattern of devious behavior, Durham also replicated an email Danchenko sent in February 2016 to another client, Sidar Global, who asked him to review a company intelligence report.

Danchenko emailed:

“Emphasize sources. Make them bold or CAPITALISED [sic]. The more sources the better. If you lack them, use oneself as a source (“Istanbul-Washington-based businessman” or whatever) to save the situation and make it look a bit better.”

As for Millian, he left the U.S. in March 2017 after inaccurate press reports said he was Mr. Steele’s source which is what Danchenko told Mr. Steele, though Millian has always denied this–––an assertion confirmed by Durham.

Durham has been in a months-long effort to convince Millian to return to the U.S. to testify, but he has refused, fearing harm to his family and arrest by the FBI.

“The Government has repeatedly informed Millian that it will work to ensure his security,” Mr. Durham wrote. “Counsel for Millian would not accept service of a trial subpoena and advised that he does not know Millian’s address in order to effect service abroad.”

Of course, The Veracity Report will keep you apprised of updates to this story as they occur, including up-to-the-minute coverage of Danchenko’s trial once it begins next month.

Veracity Editor's Note:

This unbiased, non-satirical, fully attributed article was thoroughly researched by our team of fact-checkers and found to be accurate. The sources relied upon for the factual basis of this article were: efoia requests from the FBI pertaining to the Durham Investigation, Historical media accounts of The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Fox News.

Compiled by Investigative Reporter Kurt Dillon – Because the Truth Matters!

If you or anyone you know might be interested in becoming an independent correspondent for The Veracity Report, either as a foodie reviewer or as a cub journalist, you can email us for more information at info@veracityreport.org

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=3Z479D_0i2XgAGf00
Copyright 2022, The Veracity Report

Comments / 1680

Published by

The Veracity Report is an independent news agency that operates as part of the Wild Orchid Media & Entertainment Network (W.O.M.E.N.). TVR focuses only on factual information so our readers can develop informed opinions based on truth, not hyperbole.

Macon, GA
40363 followers

More from The Veracity Report

Comments / 0