This post contains affiliate links and if you purchase through my link, I will receive a small commission at no charge to you.
Summer is quickly approaching which for many of us means travel and more time on the road. Have you seen the cost of rental cars lately? If you're planning a road trip, you've likely winced when looking at how prices have skyrocketed in the past few years. Generally, I rent cars for longer road trips and when I'll be flying out of an airport that's more than a few hours away. It's handy to just be able to drop off the car and not pay for parking rates to leave my own at the airport during vacation. A few years ago, I learned about a site called Autoslash. I was already a member of loyalty programs with Avis, Hertz, National, and many other rental car companies so I was skeptical that a 3rd party site could find me lower rates than the discounts I already had with them. Boy, was I wrong!
How it works:
- Enter your information on their site and specify all organizations you are a part of that could make you eligible for discounts (AAA, USAA, etc)
- They search through all the databases to determine which discount codes will get you the lowest rate.
- Within 30 minutes, they will email you the quote for your rental.
- They also track your rental rates and notify you if rates drop!
They're basically your travel concierge that takes away the hassle of searching multiple sites and coupons - they do it all for you!
Show me the money:
- I've booked with them about 15 times so far and the quotes I've received have been anywhere from 20-50% lower than other rental sites, so quite a substantial savings!
I love free sites that make my life easier while saving me money at the same time. What's your favorite money-saving travel tip?