Drive-in movie theaters combine two favourite things of Los Angeles - being outside and appreciation for fine movies. With more and more restrictions lifting up, drive-in movie theaters are back in action.
So if you are looking to see a movie any night of the week, we prepared a list of the best drive-in movie theaters in LA for you to check out.
Here they are!
Rooftop Cinema Club Drive-In
Rooftop Cinema Club Drive-In shows movies at the Santa Monica Airport. You can expect themed film series and rollerskating servers bringing food and drinks to your car.
You can choose between two types of tickets. A ticket for two people in one car costs $32 and a ticket for three or more people costs $45.
- June 30, 8:30 p.m. The Greatest Showman
- June 30, 11:15 p.m. 50 First Dates
- July 1, 8:30 p.m. Jurassic Park
- July 1, 11:30 p.m. Tremors
- July 2, 8:30 p.m. The Sandlot
- July 2, 11:00 p.m. Girls Trip
- July 3, 8:30 p.m. The Goonies
- July 3, 11:30 p.m. American Pie
Address: Interim Open Space, 3233 Donald Douglas Loop S, Santa Monica, CA 90405.
Drive-In at the Park
After a long hiatus, Drive-In at the Park is finally back with an extensive schedule of good classics and a few newer movies.
The movies are now showed at venues in Culver City and Santa Clarita. If you like to have a tailgate picnic or watch the movie from the back of your vehicle, then you are in for a treat.
Unlike the majority of drive-in movie theaters that don't allow this due to safety protocols, Drive-In at the Park allows you to watch the movie however you please.
The ticket costs $33 and you can buy them on their website well in advance since they tend to sell out quite fast.
- July 2, 8:15 p.m. Minions
- July 2, 10:30 p.m. Purple Rain
- July 3, 8:15 p.m. The Shining
- July 9, 8:15 p.m. ET
- July 9, 10:30 p.m. When Harry Met Sally
- July 10, 8:15 p.m. The Goonies
- July 10, 10:30 p.m. Legally Blonde
Address: Kenneth Hahn Disc Golf Course, 4100 S. La Cienega Blvd, LA, CA 90056.
Electric Dusk Drive-In
This is one of LA’s favorite pop-up drive-ins with a Glendale location atop the old Sears parking garage at 236 N. Central Avenue and a new location at Santa Monica’s Bergamot Station.
It is operated by the longest running outdoor movies drive-in theater company since 2012.
Tickets purchased in advance cost $15 per car and $20 on the day of the event. Plus, there is an $8 fee per person.
- July 2, 8:30 p.m. Independence Day
- July 3, 8:30 p.m. The Sandlot
- July 4, 8:30 p.m. Jaws
- July 16, 9 p.m. Crazy Rich Asians
- July 17, 8:30 p.m. Armageddon
Address: 236 N. Central Ave, Glendale, CA 91203.
Which one of these will you be trying out first? Let us know in the comments below.
Don't forget to hit that 'follow' button to keep up to date with the latest news and articles on local travel tips within the US.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.