With Pumpkin spice something’s adorning menus everywhere, the mesmerizing array of fall colors gliding towards earth, warm jackets and heaters — holiday season is here!
Receiving gifts always feels great—a better holiday feeling, giving back. This year Rob’s speed shop host the second annual Toys for Tots car show. Event date is, November 12 2022 starting at 9am with trophies being presented at 2pm. Located at 135 Lowe’s boulevard, Lexington. Entry fee is $20 or any new un-wrapped gift, all proceeds are donated to Davidson County Toys for Tots.
A statement from Davidson County Toys for Tots, “As we all know, 2022 has started off with covid still a threat, Russia attacking Ukraine, and food, gas and housing prices going through the roof. Less fortunate families will be hit the hardest. Some having to decide whether to try and house their families or feed them. Unfortunately, toys may be a luxury that many parents can't afford. Davidson County Toys for Tots hopes to be able to help more children than ever this Christmas season. Please consider donating money, toys or time to help us help those in need.”
Last year in Lexington, 3,569 toys were gifted as well as 874 children supported through donations made to Davidson County Toys for Tots. Last year, the inaugural Toys for Tots car show hosted by Rob’s speed shop, raised $5,000 dollars to help contribute to the efforts made by Davidson County Toys for Tots. Rob (Rob’s speed shop) on the donations last year, “I never imagined we would have raised that much...”. While not all can give, those who can and do help make Christmas an extra special time of year for those in need.
Rob, “Thank you for all the trophy donations from some great local businesses”
Award categories and the sponsor;
1. Best Of Show (Rob's Speed Shop)
2. Kids Choice (Lawsons Speed and Custom)
3. Best Rat Rod (Lexington Metal Fabricators)
4. Best Jeep (BK Supercenter)
5. Best interior (Trimmers Trim Shop)
6. Best Car (House of Cars)
7. Best truck (Uptown Barber Shop)
8. Best 4x4 (ORO-Fab)
9. Best VW (Steven Sheets)
10. Best Hot Rod (Tate's Fab & Custom)
11. Best Motorcycle (Twin City Cycle Works)
12. Best pinstripes (prestige pinstripe)
13. Best Rail Buggy (William Bailey)
14. Daily Driven (Wheel Works)
15. Best Custom (AxeHole Axe Throwing/Friction Skating Rink)
16. Most exotic (McAbee Investments)
17. Best Mustang (Young's BP Service)
18. Best Camaro (Lexington HOT ROD junkies)
19. Angie’s Choice (Potter's Auto Sales)
20. Best Chevy (Capital Chevrolet Buick GMC of Lexington)
21. Best Ford (Ingram Off-Road & Performance)
22. Best Mopar (The Brewer's Kettle-Lexington NC)
23. Best Import (Davis Lawn Care)
24. Best Paint (Perryman's Alignment & Auto Repair)
Additional information is available on the, “Lexington cruise-ins” Facebook group page.
Do you know of someone or a business in Lexington, Davidson County, or North Carolina giving back this holiday season and want to highlight their efforts? Contact us via email located in the description of our page and let’s shine a light together!
Share, like, comment, follow to stay informed for a better life.
-The Modern Times