The NHL officially announced the 2021-22 schedule for all clubs this Thursday and by no surprise, the Flyers first game is three days after the season actually opens. All jokes aside the Flyers will kick off their season on October 15th at the Wells Fargo Center against the Vancouver Canucks and will then parlay that into three more home games, making this the first four-game homestand to enter the season since 1974-75.
Some notable matchups:
- Oct. 18: Seattle comes to town for its first matchup with the Philadelphia Flyers in franchise history.
- Nov. 4: First game against the Pittsburgh Penguins is in Pittsburgh.
- Nov. 30: First game against the New York Islanders as they come to Philly.
- Dec. 1: Directly after a matchup with the Islanders the Flyers travel up to MSG to take on the Rangers.
- Dec. 16: The Flyers take on Montreal in their first matchup since the bubble.
- Apr. 13: Late season home game against the Rangers that could have playoff implications.
- Apr. 24: Another late-season home game against the Penguins that comes in the final four games.
Finally, the NHL decided not to start the Flyers on a west coast road trip or in a different country. It goes without saying having four consecutive games inside the Wells Fargo Center to start the year after not being able to fully pack the building is truly fantastic. Hockey is finally coming back in full and this offseason is sure to be full of change.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.