Here's good news for thrill-seekers and oasis lovers! According to this report, a gigantic amusement park called the American Heartland Theme Park and Resort will soon rise in the Sooner State and will be located just west of Grand Lake on Route 66 in northeast Oklahoma.
The park is expected to open in 2026 and will feature six distinctly American themed lands: Great Plains, Bayou Bay, Big Timber Falls, Stony Point Harbor, Liberty Village and Electropolis.
The park will be comparable in size to Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom at Disney World.
This park is being advertised as a 1,000-acre resort destination which will attract 4.9 million guests per year to Oklahoma. In addition to the amusement park, American Heartland will feature a 300-room hotel, an indoor water park, and an adjacent RV park and campground.
The design team includes more than 20 former Disney Parks builders and Walt Disney Imagineers. Led by Steve Hedrick, the team is expected to create “thrilling rides and heartwarming shows” across the six themed lands.
Here are the amenities and benefits to this amusement park and resort:
- The park will feature “thrilling rides and heartwarming shows” across its six themed lands.
- The park is expected to feature “live shows” across its six themed lands.
- The park will feature “restaurant-quality food and beverage offerings” throughout the park.
- The park is projected to attract more than 4.9 million guests per year.
- The park is expected to make a big economic impact in the Oklahoma region.
- The park is expected to create more than 4,000 jobs in the state.
As mentioned, the American Heartland Theme Park and Resort will cost $2 billion. At this time, the park admission and ticket prices are not yet known.
To learn more about this upcoming multi-billion amusement park and resort, click here. Enjoy and share!