Declining memory creates fear in so many people. Today let me share with you how to improve your memory and remember things fast.
Just imagine the day is half over, and you can’t get over the feeling that you’ve forgotten something important.
You check your calendar, but whatever it is, it was never written. Now you’re stuck, and you can’t remember what it was.
Yes, there’s nothing more frustrating than forgetting. The fact is, we get so busy that it’s very hard to keep track of everything you need to get through a day.
Or is it?
Thankfully, there are natural things we can do to improve our memory. And we don’t have to wait to get started.
Below, you’ll find several suggestions to help you boost your memory right now!
- When you need to remember something important, create an image about it in your mind that is hilarious or bizarre. Your brain easily remembers things that are unusual, or funny, or scary, while it easily forgets things that don’t stand out.
- Make written lists of what you need to do or to remember. This will free up your brain to remember other things that are more important.
- Be sure to get enough sleep. Your brain uses its sleeping hours to put new information into long-term memory storage.
- To remember a long string of letters or numbers such as a telephone number, break the information up into small chunks of two or three numbers or letters at a time. Most people will find it very hard to remember 9 or 10 numbers in a row, but they can easily remember two or three numbers in a row.
- When you need to learn and remember something, give yourself time to review the same material the next day for a few minutes and then a week later for a few minutes. Repetition and review will help your brain remember the material better.
- When you are studying a lot of material, schedule a break every forty minutes to get up and walk and do something completely different. When you sit down to study again, your brain will be more refreshed and better able to pay attention.
- When you are trying to study something, give yourself plenty of time to understand it and review it several times. Cramming at the last minute doesn’t work very well.
- Give your brain a good workout by practicing memorization as a fun exercise. Every few days, pick a new poem or favorite passage to memorize, and then write it out or speak it out loud.
- Reduce the stress in your life by simplifying your schedule, delegating more tasks to others, getting regular physical exercise and practicing daily meditation. Long term stress can interfere with your ability to concentrate and to think clearly, and with your ability to form memories or to recall them later.
- Get yourself a reminder buddy or a conversation partner and try teach the other person what you are learning. This is a good way to signal to your brain that what you are learning is important and you will remember more.
Improving your memory doesn’t have to take a lot of time or even forced attention. By using this list, you’ll find that your memory will improve dramatically in just a short time, all without having to resort to big changes in your life.
I hope these memory-enhancing tips will help you remember things more easily and rapidly.
If you liked what you read, please share with your family, friends, and social media. You can also follow me on News Break below.
Thank you for reading how to improve your memory and remember things fast. Until next time. Take care of yourself and each other. :-)
Photo credit: Andrea Piacquadio / pexels.com