BLAINE, MN - Blaine's Department of Planning and Development open a new job opportunity for City Planning. The deadline for application for this job is on August 27, 2021.
The description for this position:
In the second level of the Community Development Series, professional services related to planning and/or zoning activities are managed. The responsibilities may include: overseeing employees, providing insights into the division's short and long-term objectives, establishing the Planning Commission's agenda items, managing revisions, and implementing ordinances, policy and procedures.
Also, coordinating and monitoring of planning projects, managing and coordinating applications and/or permits for planning and zoning, and giving development and other government agencies and the general public information.
There are two examples of duties for this position:
- Supervises the performance of employees, which includes performing performance reviews, arranging training, and putting in place hiring, punishment, and termination procedures.
- Manages the modification and implementation of planning and zoning ordinances, rules, and procedures; makes suggestions on the division's short and long-range plans; and coordinates with other division staff members.
You must meet the following minimum standards in order to be considered for this position:
- A bachelor's degree in planning, urban studies, public administration, or a related discipline is required for consideration.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in planning and/or community development is required.
- At least two years of supervised experience is required.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
For additional information about other examples of duties, salary, knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position, please visit governmentjobs.com.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.