BROOKLYN PARK, MN — The award-winning Brooklyn Park Recreation and Parks Department are looking for an enthusiastic, highly driven, and team-oriented individual who desires to make a difference in Brooklyn Park.
The Teen Program Specialist will execute programs for families, teens, and youth at the Zanewood Recreation Center (ZWRC).
This position will help with giving work management to recreation program seasonal employees. It will also assist in creating and maintaining positive partnerships with community organizations to develop opportunities for youth/families to partake in positive youth enrichment activities.
This role will work under the general guidance of the Recreation Programs Supervisor at Zanewood Recreation Center.
Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies, Education or related field.
There are basic skills the applicants need to know, such as:
* Basic knowledge of program planning and intervention
* Basic fiscal knowledge in the area of budgeting and tracking expenses
* Ability to provide meaningful, quality, and enriching programs for a wide spectrum of the community youth
* Ability to foster and promote a positive teamwork environment
* Ability to communicate and build relationships with young people
Salary will be approximately $27.25 - $30.58 hourly, with benefits including 12 paid holidays per year, sick leave, and insurance such as health, dental, and life.
Brooklyn Park recognizes that diversity enriches the workplace and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce who support the city’s mission and core values. Everyone is welcome to apply.
Interested in applying? Click the following link.
For inquiries, call 763-493-8016.
The application is open until 6/23/2021 at 11:59 PM Central.