AKRON, OH — On Saturday, September 25, 2021 gather your friends and family to join The FirstEnergy Akron Marathon Race Series.
This event has modified its Operational & Safety Guidelines regarding capacity expansion and updated mask guidelines, welcoming spectators and stage its customary finisher festivals, thanks to new instructions from both the CDC and the state of Ohio.
“While it is exciting to return to a sense of normalcy at our events, the health and safety of our participants and volunteers remain our top priority,” said Anne Bitong, president and CEO of the Akron Marathon. “We will move forward with a hybrid approach, keeping several mitigation strategies in place and encouraging everyone who attends our events to be mindful and respectful of others’ personal space.”
The Operational & Safety Plan has been updated to incorporate the following:
- The capacity for FirstEnergy Akron Marathon, Half Marathon & Team Relay: 8,500 participants.
- No mask required for those who have been fully vaccinated. However, attendees should wear masks if not fully vaccinated unless when eating, drinking or running. Kids under ten years of age or those with a disability or medical condition are not required to wear a mask .
- Social distancing is recommended.
- For spectators, no limits will be forced.
- Self-service fluid stations will be provided.
If you are not interested in running, you can become a volunteer in the event. Help building a great experience for the runner by contributing your talent and time. Aside from aiding the event, you can also meet new people and share your know-how with others. The minimum age for volunteers is 12 years old on race day.
Anybody interested in the race can register by clicking here: https://raceroster.com/events/2021/37370/2021-firstenergy-akron-marathon-half-marathon-and-team-relay?_ga=2.22222011.1079683132.1625589620-696846761.1625062072
For volunteers, you can click here: https://akronmarathon.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.