This Sunday, May 9th, is Mother's Day, and while many Memphis restaurants aren't offering specific Mother's Day specials, there are still plenty of restaurants and events you could try as our state eases out of the pandemic restrictions.
Let's start with the events:
On May 9th from 10am to 2pm, the Memphis Botantic Garden is offering an outdoor picnic. Kenneth Jackson will be playing and there will be a cash bar as well. While reservations have passed to be able to pre-order brunch, you can bring your own food.
You can lay out a blanket on your perfect spot or grab one of the open tables (seating is first come, first serve). It's free with garden admission, and the weather is looking like it'll be perfect!
The Memphis Redbirds has a homegame on Sunday, May 9th at 2:05pm. Tickets are still available, and brunch speciality tickets can be purchased as well. The first 1000 moms get a free flower, and kids and moms all get to run the bases after the game.
Restaurants with Mother's Day Brunches scheduled (Reservations may be required. Be sure to check with each restaurant):
1. The Peabody Hotel (11am to 3pm)
2. Rizzo’s (11am to 3pm. Call 901-304-6985 for reservations.)
3. Owen Brennan’s (9am to 3pm. NO reservations this year. Read the instructions for more details.)
4. Magnolia & May (10am to 3pm. They are fully booked for reservations for Mother's Day, but they will have walk-in space available at their outdoor tables. Outdoor seating is first come, first serve.)
5. Tug’s Casual Grill (Brunch from 9am to 2pm and dinner from 2pm to 9pm. Can sit inside or outside. Call 901-266-3344 for reservations.)
6. Paulette’s (11am to 9pm. Call 901-260-3300 for reservations.)
7. Amerigo (10am to close. Dine-in is first come, first served, but they do also have some amazing take-out options for curbside pickup if you'd rather avoid the crowds and have an intimate celebration at home.)
8. The Half-Shell (Both locations will open at 10am for Mother's Day Brunch. You can call either location to make a reservation. Mendenhall: 901-682-3966 or Southwind: 901-737-6755)
9. Neil's Music Room (First come, first served. Open from 11am to 3am (if you want to listen to some music with your mom, Eddie Smith & Brannon Heath will be playing at 5pm).
10. Cimas (Located inside the Hyatt Centric on Beale Street, Cimas is offering Brunch from 10am to 3pm).
Even though things are vastly different now post-COVID-19, life is beginning to look more normal again. Don't forget to celebrate the special woman in your life who likely took on a LOT more during last year.