Margaretville, NY

Discover Margaretville New York

Tammy Emineth
Photo bycanva

Margaretville is a quaint, friendly, vibrant village located in New York’s Delaware County. Margaretville borders Catskill Park’s 770,000 acres of preserved, protected, forever wild, public land, nestled deep in the beautiful Catskill Mountains. Dappled with farmlands, golf courses, hunting, kayaking, hiking, camping, skiing, fishing, and other outdoor activities, Margaretville is a paradise for the outdoor enthusiast.

Continue to read to find out more about the quaint village of Margaretville, NY.

Real Estate in Margaretville

Located in Delaware County, Margaretville is a village in New York with a tiny population of 671. Living here offers residents a sparse suburban feel, according to Niche. The median home value in Margaretville is $162,100, and the median rental price is $744. About 45% of the population rents their homes, while the other 55% own their homes.

Schools in Margaretville

The village of Margaretville and its students are served by the Margaretville Central School District where students are provided a strong educational foundation through academic and extracurricular activities to provide a comprehensive learning experience. The aid of support services used by the Margaretville Central School District prepare students for future endeavors in higher education or entering the workforce.The school below is responsible for serving K-12 students living in Margaretville:
Photo bycanva

Community Events & Festivals in Margaretville

Held in early July, Margaretville Fire Department Field Days features a carnival, live entertainment, and a unique car show. In September, celebrate the 1920s and 1950s when Cauliflower was king at the Margaretville Cauliflower Festival. Located just five miles from the town in the neighboring Halcottsville, the Pakatakan Farmers’ Market runs from mid-May through mid-October, featuring local food from sustainable farms, as well as artisan-created jewelry, quilts, wood products, and much more.

Great Outdoor Recreation in Margaretville

Margaretville offers the Meadows Golf Center, a nine-hole course located near the local bowling alley, and the Hanah Mountain Resort and Country Club golf course, an 18-hole course surrounded by hills and waterways. Hike the nearby trails outside of Margaretville on the Kelly Hollow Loop, an easy hiking spot on short and long loops— long loops can be accessed from town, and the Huckleberry Loop, a more difficult 12.8-mile hike. Boat and fish on the Pepacton Reservoir in your kayak, or canoe where you can spend a nice morning fishing for trout!

Shopping in Margaretville

New residents of the area have worked tirelessly renovating historic buildings and shops alike, with many more having been handed down for generations. Honeybee Herb Farming and Apothecary features medicinal herbs, botanicals, and other organic, healthy products. Located in the historic Galli Curci building is Kira Jewelry, where you can find curated jewelry made from reclaimed precious metals, as well as art, home, and artisanal goods. The Barbara Alyn Artwear Luxury and Mercantile is a hot spot in Margaretville, with one shop housing jewelry, clothes, and soaps, while the other shop next door is home to furniture, quilts, vintage bowls, and lamps.
Photo bycanva

Delectable Dining in Margaretville

Cafe Marguerite in Margaretville features a chocolate specialist and pastry chef, as well as specialty lattes and espresso drinks to kickstart your day off the right way! The Binnekill Tavern is a historic tavern best known for German/Swiss-inspired mountain comfort foods, with dishes such as burgers, portions of pasta, pork schnitzel, lamb meatloaf, and bratwurst and white beans featured on the menu.

Interested in the allure of the Margaretville Village in New York? A touch of hometown warmth in this quaint village is enough to draw any newcomer, though the sense of community through events and festivals is just as attractive to any. Whether it be the beautiful scenery of the Catskill Mountains or the fine education provided in Margaretville, this community offers the perfect blend of serenity and excitement.

This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.

Comments / 3

Published by

I am a former real estate agent turned content marketer. I love to write about real estate, blog about home improvement and optimize real estate and other business websites for our customers. SEO Tips, real estate advice and more.

Frenchtown, MT

More from Tammy Emineth

Comments / 0