Are you a productive person? You might be surprised to learn that the answer is yes!
You can be more efficient, but it will require some self-reflection and a willingness to change. Many people who are considered highly productive are not born that way.
They have learned how to work smarter so they can feel accomplished with less stress and more results. If you want to be more productive in 2022, there are some steps you can take.
What is productivity?
Productivity is the varied amount of work achieved in a set period of time.
Achieving productivity is not an overnight thing. It is a process that takes dedication, knowledge, and change. There are many ways to find more time for achieving your goals and making more money.
Productivity is also a broad term that can be used to describe various aspects including:-
- The number of goods and services produced by a company, industry, etc.
- The skills and knowledge required to manufacture goods and services
- How efficient people are at completing tasks
- The time spent doing something
My daily morning routine
Every morning I wake up and have my routine, which starts the day off right. One thing I do is drink a tall glass of water.
Here's a list of my daily morning routine:
- Wake up at 7 am
- Drink a glass of water and take a shower
- Eat breakfast
- Drink coffee
- Take vitamins
- Check email and social media
- Get ready for the day
Find your focus
You probably know by now that the world is full of distractions, and I don’t know about you, but it seems like I’m constantly being pulled in a million different directions.
Nowadays, when it feels like there are so many tasks to finish, we often find ourselves jumping from one task to another without completing anything.
It can be very frustrating, and there are two ways to find your focus.
- Find work that is both personally fulfilling as well as a fit for your skills.
- Set specific goals and then break them down into smaller, manageable tasks.
One of the most common reasons people quit their jobs is that they don't feel like they are in the right field. This is, however, a personal decision. What might be a bad fit for you, is perfect for somebody else.
You may have to take some time to find your focus, but it's worth it. Things to keep in mind when you're looking for your concentration:
- Find a job that inspires you.
- Make sure that job aligns with your skillset.
- Ask yourself if you like the company and management.
Understand your time and energy
It’s essential to understand how much time and energy you have. Some people are more creative and productive in the mornings and some in the evening.
- You have to figure out what works best for you and then maximize your time with it.
- It’s also important to know how long you can work on a task.
- One way to do this is to set a timer for the length of time you can work and then stop when the timer rings.
- It gives you a sense of how much longer you can keep going before you need a break.
Google Calendar is a web-based calendar that offers a great way to manage your schedule.
- It allows you to schedule meetings, and events, monitor tasks and stay up-to-date with your friends' birthdays. It is free and can be accessed online or through a mobile app.
- You can set different colors for different events and have alerts when deadlines are coming up.
- You can also share your calendar with other people by sending them a link.
Your email inbox is not a to-do list!
I have been running my own business for the past four years and in all the time I have spent helping people with their businesses and productivity, I have noticed one thing.
People often use their email inbox as a to-do list. They will see an email as something they need to do rather than what it is – an email. Emails are not tasks, they are communications!
People often treat their email inbox as a to-do list, but it's not. It's a repository of the things they have done.
- The first thing you should do is decide which emails need a response and which ones can be archived or deleted. Put your phone away and get your hands on a keyboard for this one.
- Next, use your email as a to-do list. Create labels in Gmail and sort your inbox into categories that make sense to you.
- You can even create sub-categories if necessary. Your goal is to end up with two or three active categories.
Prioritize your day, every day!
Life is full of distractions and interruptions. It can be tough to keep your focus on the task at hand. But prioritizing your day every day is one of the most important things you can do to ensure you accomplish everything you need to get done.
The first step to prioritizing your day is to visualize what you want your life to look like in the future. What do success and happiness mean to you?
Once you’ve decided what success means to you, write down how many minutes of each day are assigned to work, exercise, family, friends, dinner, etc.
- Work: 5 hours a day
- Exercise: 1 hour a day
- Family: 3 hours a day
- Friends: 1 hour a day
- Dinner: 1 hour a day
And so on!
As we all know, increasing productivity can be a challenge. But with the right approach and mindset, it’s not difficult to do so.
By following our tips here, you should soon see a big difference in your ability to get things done.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this topic!