By Steven Bonifazi
(DENVER, Colo.) Hunters in Colorado are being encouraged by Colorado Parks and Wildlife once again to share their expertise and love of hunting through the third annual Take a Friend Hunting contest.
The contest consists of experienced hunters or mentors taking time out of their day to pass on knowledge of hunting with a friend or mentee for the chance to win prizes for both, according to a press release from Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
“I often run into people wanting to hunt but they just don’t know how to start. Most of them just need a mentor to help out,” said CPW Hunter Outreach Coordinator Bryan Posthumus. “It is so easy to ask your friends, co-workers, or family if they want to hunt and help them get started."
Interested mentors can participate in the contest by bringing a beginner hunter out and mentees can take part by encouraging a experienced hunter in educating them how to hunt. In order to win prizes, a photograph and short story of their time in the field must be submitted by either the mentee or mentor.
All submissions are due no later than Feb. 8, 2022.
Anyone participating is required to follow rules and regulations found in this year's Colorado Hunting Regulations, such as possession of all required licenses for example.
Eligibility rules for mentors are as follows:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and are required to have a valid 2021 Colorado hunting license.
- Must have held a Colorado hunting license in at least three of the last five years, from 2016-2020.
Eligibility rules for mentees are as follows:
- Must also be 18 or older and have a valid 2021 Colorado hunting license.
- Have never had a hunting license until 2021
- Have only had a hunting license in 2020.
- Have not had a hunting license in the past five consecutive years, since 2016.
Unfortunately, any employees of Colorado Parks and Wildlife, as well as their immediate family and household members are not eligible to take part in the contest.
For more information regarding the Take a Friend Hunting contest, including official rules, click here.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.