The city of Fort Worth has announced five upcoming "Open Houses" to allow citizens and residents a look into the inner-workings of the city. The first of these occurs just this week on Thursday, July 29.
Held on each of the next four Thursdays - July 29, August 5, 12 and 19 - from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, with a Saturday mixed in on August 14 from 10:00am to noon, the Open Houses provide a look at various upcoming city projects, as well as allowing citizens and residents to mingle with and get to know the departments that make up the city structure.
Some of the topics that will be available are:
- 2022 Bond Election Projects
- Redistricting Software and Timeline
- 2022 City Budget
- Comprehensive Plan with Guide to City Growth and Development
- Various City Departments
A dozen departments are slated to have representatives available for discussion about the departments' operations, offering insight into how residents and citizens can stay involved and informed about their city:
- Code Compliance
- Communications & Public Engagement
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Keep Fort Worth Beautiful
- Municipal Court
- Parks & Recreation
- Public Art
- Transportation & Public Works
To make sure that all areas of the city have a chance to attend, the Open Houses are being held in various parts of the city, with most of the sites easily accessible by public transportation (Trinity Metro):
- Downtown - Thursday, July 29, 2021 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm - Future City Hall, 100 Energy Way
- Southeast - Thursday, August 5, 2021 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm - Dunbar HS Gym, 5700 Ramey Ave
- Northside - Thursday, August 12, 2021 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm - Heritage Church of Christ, 4201 Heritage Trace Pkwy
- Westside - Saturday, August 14, 2021 - 10:00am - Noon - R.D. Evans Comm Ctr, 3242 Lackland Rd
- Southwest - Thursday, August 19, 2021 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm - Doxology Church, 4805 Arborlawn Dr
For those unable to attend any of these sessions, information about all of the departments list, plus more, is available through the city's website at fortworthtexas.gov.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.