Southern California Weather Force has issued a regional wind alert for most of Southern California as a classic northwest slider system moves into the region starting Tuesday evening, peaking on Tuesday night with some areas seeing damaging winds and others not, so for your area’s model forecasts read on for details and please pay attention to those details and images as I do not want to hear anyone complain their area is not seeing this event when the forecast clearly would confirm it …
Wind gusts will start Tuesday evening for the mountain and desert regions as onshore flow starts to take hold. The wind gusts through Tuesday night into Wednesday will increase in all areas then, including the coast/basin/valley areas. Since this is regional, I will go ahead and outline the key areas.
- 95% of Southern California will have advisory level 30+ mph wind gusts.
- Trees and/or powerlines will be down in the stronger hit areas.
- Strong winds on Tuesday night and Wednesday should prevent small crafts from being out in the island region (bight) of Southern California. If you plan on being out there, you will have 40-50 mph wind gusts out of the west-northwest then, so it is not recommended.
- The hardest hit area will be around the San Diego/Imperial Border along I-8 where high profile vehicles will be certain to tip over.
- The weakest of the rain/wind will be parts of the Ontario and San Bernardino zones, where I call it ‘The Screw Zone’, meaning if you want active weather then you won’t see much as other areas will.
- Winds will weaken on Wednesday night …
- The Raiden Storm Pattern prediction is still on tap, starting toward the end of a week as this wind-storm will mark the start of the pattern change to come. Click here to read about the storm pattern.
Please use the information below for the SCWF wind models for Tuesday evening until Wednesday night …
See the wind and rain model images on this link - https://www.southerncaliforniaweatherforce.com/2023/02/19/150-mph-upper-jet-stream-to-bring-windstorm-to-much-of-southern-california-tuesday-evening-into-wednesday/
Join the Facebook Page for Further Updates If You Have Not Yet!
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WEATHER FORCE MAIN:
Southern California Weather Force Twitter – CLICK HERE
- Raiden Storm -
Master General Meteorologist – is a consulting meteorologist for over 50 companies, including energy, agriculture, aviation, marine, leisure, and many more areas. He has certs from Mississippi State for broadcast met and Penn State forecasting certs MET 101, 241, 341 and 361 as a meteorologist, but before then was completely self-taught, barely learning a thing from the schools that he did not already know.
Both short and long-range is very important to know in those jobs so you can bet on accuracy here. He is versed in fields like Western USA, Tornadoes, Floods, Hurricanes, High Winds, Fire Behavior, Snow and Blizzards, Short Range, Long Range, Seasonal, and Life-Threatening decisions with over 25 years' experience, out forecasting all weather services available today with lead-time and precision, which makes him a focus of ridicule and envy.
NOTE: Alerts are posted on here, be it a tornado watch, etc, and these alerts are issued from this office and nowhere else. At times, which is often, you will see an alert forecast posted on here that you do not see elsewhere.
Comments / 32