GWINNETT COUNTY, GA - Gwinnett County Board of Education will hit the road to meet each board member in the district from one to five, starting from August 24 until October 5.
Members from each district will have the opportunity to meet directly with the newly elected superintendent, Calvin J. Watts.
The meetings will start at 6:30 p.m with a meet and greet with Board Governance Team. The actual meeting will begin at 7 p.m at the selected school's theatre in the district.
Citizens are welcome to attend with strict safety protocols, the seats are limited due to the capacity of the place and social distancing rules. To accommodate everyone who wants to come, the meetings will be recorded and live-streamed on GCPS TV.
In the meeting, Watts will talk about the new school year information and his mission to lead Georgia's largest school district. Participants can also learn about how the district work to engage with the community.
The school district is committed to maintaining the safety of everyone involved in the meetings, and making sure the event runs smoothly without distractions the county will implement these rules below:
- Masks are mandatory in all of the school facilities, if participants do not obey these rules, they will be asked to leave.
- To promote social distancing, participants will have to sit on the open seats and avoid chairs marked by an "X"
- Attendees have to put their phones on silent mode before the meeting begins
- Signs and posters are prohibited
- Follow the rules, be polite with each other, and do not interrupt when people talking during the meeting
- Failure to follow the rules may result in criminal charges
For more information, you can visit Gwinnett County Public School Website at https://www.gcpsk12.org/
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.