COBB, ATLANTA - Cobb County Public Library and its partner, Georgia Education Resources (GER), are hosting Free Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) in June and July for children ages 18 and younger.
There will be seven days of breakfast and lunch emergency meals on a first-come basis for the children while supplies last. The library will distribute the meals in six locations across the county in its parking lots. The event is a drive-through.
The Cobb Library strives to continue addressing food insecurity by partnering with community agencies, said Terri Tresp, Division Director of Branch Services.
“We’re a learning organization and children struggle to learn when they are hungry,” said Tresp. “We worked with GER last summer at one library location. This year, we’re thrilled to be able to expand service to more residents.”
Libraries hosting the drive-through food events in June and July include:
- Switzer Library, 266 Roswell Street, Marietta: 10 am-noon Thursdays, June 10-July 29. Phone: 770-528-2320.
- Stratton Library, 1100 Powder Springs Road, Marietta: 1:30-3:30 pm Thursdays, June 10-July 29. Phone: 770-528-2522.
- South Cobb Regional Library, 805 Clay Road, Mableton: Fridays, June 11-July 30, 10 am to noon. Phone: 678-398-5828.
Libraries offering the food events on Tuesdays in June include:
- Mountain View Regional Library, 3320 Sandy Plains Road, Marietta: 10 am-11 am Tuesdays, June 8-29. phone: 770-509-2725.
- Gritters Library, 880 Shaw Park Road, Marietta: Noon to 1 pm Tuesdays, June 8-29. phone: 770-528-2524.
- Sewell Mill Library & Cultural Center, 2051 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta: 2-3 pm, Tuesdays, June 8-29. phone: 770-509-2711.