Blaze isn’t the actress’s first role on GH.
After a short stint as Chase’s singing partner, Jacqueline Grace Lopez is reprising her role as Blaze on General Hospital. Lopez is back for a new story arc, once again involving the Port Charles music world.
Jacqueline Grace Lopez
An actress, singer, writer, and producer, Lopez is a young woman of many talents. She’s best known for her work in the thriller, El Camino (2015), the series, True Lies (2023), and the short, The Girl Without Cats (2017), which she wrote, penned the music for, starred in, and executive produced.
Want to learn more about the actress? Here are seven things to know about Lopez.
1. Blaze isn’t Lopez’s first role on GH. She was credited as the “babysitter” in two episodes of the soap back in 2015 and 2016, but they were quick in-and-out appearances.
2. Lopez currently produces and hosts Workbook Radio, a podcast for professional artists in the commercial advertising industry. It features everything from interviews to panels and sheds light on what it means to stand out in the landscape.
3. Lopez had to sing during her GH audition for Blaze. What was her song of choice? She picked “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele.
4. She appeared in a commercial for Reliant Energy and joked on Instagram that she could now say she “worked with” Matthew McConaughey. “Well, his voice, at least,” posted Lopez. Apparently, the film star did the voice-over for the ad.
5. Lopez landed the lead in Jane the Novela, the CW’s Jane the Virgin spinoff pilot, in 2019. The telenovela anthology series hailed from the original show’s creator and executive production team. Unfortunately, it was ultimately scrapped by the network.
6. She launched SD Self Tape Bootcamp (https://www.sdselftapebootcamp.com/), a website designed to help actors auditioning in the post-Covid world level up their self-tape game. “Every producer session, every callback, every booking I’ve gotten over the last three years has been, you guessed it, via self tape,” Lopez posted on the site. “I’m still taping, and still booking. Bottom Line: I want you to win, and I know what it takes.”