Find out about the actor who brings Zeke Robinson to life on GH.
Gavin Houston has checked back into General Hospital as Zeke Robinson, Portia’s handsome brother. The actor debuted in the role back in February 2023, when his character attended Curtis and Portia’s wedding. Now he’s back stirring things up with…Jordan.
Get To Know Gavin Houston
Houston, who landed his first acting job as a kid on The Cosby Show, quickly fell in love with the craft. He made his first daytime appearance on Guiding Light as Remy Boudreau in 2002. From there his career was off and running with guest spots on Wizards of Waverly Place, Without a Trace, Rizzoli & Isles, Grey’s Anatomy and Shameless, and he had a long run as Jeffrey Harrington on The Haves and the Have Nots (2013 to 2021).
Want to learn more about the actor who brings Zeke to life in Port Charles? Here are seven things to know about Gavin Houston.
1. This isn’t Houston’s first role on GH. Back in 2010, he appeared in five episodes of the soap as Sly Thomas. The character was a CSI tech who helped investigate the murder of mob princess Claudia Zacharra (Sarah Joy Brown).
2. The actor owes a special thank you to his sister for getting his career started. As a kid, he tagged along on one of her auditions for a well-known agency. When the reps saw Houston and heard him cracking jokes in the lobby, they asked if he would read a scene for them. The agency ended up wanting to represent him and not his sister.
3. Houston, who was born in Brooklyn, New York, and grew up in Teaneck, New Jersey, admits he misses his East Coast pals but has acclimated to life in Los Angeles. “It’s sunny every day and being vegan and into fitness, it perfectly aids the lifestyle that I have,” he told Essence.
4. Houston cites Switzerland as “the coolest place” he’s ever traveled. “I got to swim in the water below the Alps, which to this day, is one of the most beautiful experiences I’ve ever had,” he insisted to Essence.
5. He’s known for his portrayal of legendary vocal icon Kenny “Babyface” Edmunds in the Toni Braxton biopic film, Unbreak My Heart.
6. He’s a very athletic guy. Houston is an advanced scuba diver, ex-gymnast, and football player. He’s also an accomplished gymnast who has participated in exhibitions and has a brown belt in martial arts.
7. You can follow the actor on Instagram at @iamgavinhouston.