Jacqueline MacInnes Wood works intentionally to stay well.
The Bold and the Beautiful star Jacqueline MacInnes Wood is a busy wife, mother, and actress. She began 2023 by taking a bit of a break from social media. Her decision to do so came up in her recent chat with Soap Hub for Wellness Wednesday.
Jacqueline MacInnes Wood: Less Is More
In April, Wood shared that she is expecting her fourth child with her husband, Elan Ruspoli. While preparing for a new bundle of joy, she’s continued her role as Steffy Forrester Finnegan on B&B.
Soap Hub asked the two-time Daytime Emmy winner how she manages to fit self-care into her life. After all, you can’t help your family if you’re not well yourself! “That’s very true,” Wood concurs. “Though, self-care happens few and far between for some moms. We push ourselves so far. Men do, too, but, I think, moms do it in a different way. We want to make sure everyone is okay.”
Bold and the Beautiful: Executive Decisions
As one of the top fashion executives at Forrester Creations, Steffy tries to stay on top of all facets of the company and its employees. In a case of art imitating life, Wood says that she does her best to make sure everyone’s okay, and when she can, she looks into taking wellness days for herself. “As I get older, I listen to my body,” the actress says. “I do get mindful about taking care of myself more.”
Wood subscribes to the 80/20 rule, which is eating healthy 80% of the time, and the other 20%, she makes sure she enjoys life! “I find that when I’m run down, that’s when I get sick,” she offers. “The more sugar and fried food and lack of sleep leads to me being more reactive. So I try to eat well and sleep when I can. Even getting five minutes to close my eyes is so important.”
Jacqueline MacInnes Wood: Digital Detox
Soon, Wood and her husband will have four children, which will make an already lively household even livelier. “I wouldn’t have it any other way,” she says warmly. “I love the mess, the chaos. I love all of it.” Wood’s followers on social media may have noticed she took a bit of a break from posting between January to April this year. There wasn’t anything wrong; in fact, Wood went on the brief hiatus in the spirit of wellness.
“You can get so many great things from social media,” the actress says. “[But] it can be addictive, and I want to be a great example to my kids.” While social platforms can keep folks occupied and stimulated, Wood suggests that that’s not always a healthy thing. “I tell my kids, ‘Be bored! Experience that.’ The digital detox was huge for us. Life is short, and I think a lot of special moments can end up being wasted. We always assume we’ll have more time.”
Wood says that some folks may say with their final breaths that they wished they’d had just one more moment with their kids or other loved ones. “Time is fleeting,” she says. “I want to have a more intentional life.”
B&B: Let the Sunlight In
Wood is also a champion of getting outdoors and enjoying the sunlight. “I try to get a proper amount of Vitamin D, making sure I keep up with my water intake and have very low [computer or handheld device] screen time,” she says. “When we wake up, we go outside and breathe. It’s great for your circadian rhythm.”