The daytime newcomer brings RJ Forrester, now knowns as Ridge Jr., back to B&B.
Brooke and Ridge’s son, RJ, was sent off to boarding school on The Bold and the Beautiful in 2018, but the long-missing character will soon be returning to the fold. Actor Joshua Hoffman has been cast in the sure-to-be pivotal role.
Joshua Hoffman, The New Ridge Junior
The young actor got his big break when he was cast as Les on the Showtime series Shameless back in 2014. He also starred as Rudy Rosales on the 2015 Nickelodeon series Talia in the Kitchen.
Want to learn more about the actor? Here are seven things to know about Joshua Hoffman:
1. As a kid, Hoffman started his own YouTube channel. “It was about tech stuff, actually, like how to hack your iPhone,” he explains. “I jailbroke my iPhone, and I was like, ‘Oh my Gosh. I’ve got to tell the world about how I did this.’ Until I noticed that 10 million other people have done that.”
2. He grew up watching movies, which inspired him to become an actor. One film that truly impressed him was Rainman. In fact, if could play any character, it would be the title role portrayed by Dustin Hoffman — no relation, by the way — in the film. “That’s such a good juicy character,” he notes.
3. He took one semester of sign language in high school. “I would come in every day early into the class,” he says. “I’d skip lunch just to go in to learn sign language because I loved it.”
4. Hoffman is a young man of many talents, especially musical ones. He spends his downtime writing music. He also plays the piano, guitar, bass, and ukulele, and he even picked up the violin “just for fun.”
5. His favorite movie is Rocky. “It’s just the underdog story, something that I’m attracted to in every single movie,” he says. “I’ve seen so many — Karate Kid, Rocky…all of those. I love them.”
6. He’s trained in Parkour, having learned it while in Miami shooting the series Talia in the Kitchen back in 2015. One of his co-stars, Ethan Martin Estrada, mentioned that his cousin owned a Parkour gym there. When Hoffman found out, he was eager “to learn Parkour. I’d seen people jump off buildings and do back flips and stuff,” he notes. “It’s more like a hobby.”
7. You can follow Hoffman on social media. On Instagram, his handle is @jmhoffman.
Comments / 0