I have been trying to eat healthy this year, even though I hate dieting, and sometimes I just can not stop myself from overeating. But, ever since I started working out to lose weight, I was too afraid to eat my weight back. However, the last thing I want to sacrifice is all the yummy stuff I could eat either.
What is the first thing comes to your mind when you think about a healthy meal? Tasteless chicken breasts that have the texture of a used eraser, maybe? Yeah, me too. However, after trying all kinds of chicken breast recipes, I have found my favorite way to make chick breast nuggets! It is juicy, tender, and, most importantly, easy to make.
Here is the step by step recipe to make my favorite healthy chicken nuggets along with some veggies.
Chicken Breast Nuggets
-chicken breast x 1
-cornstarch x 1 tablespoon
-salt x 1 pinch
-cooking wine x 1/2 tablespoon
-soy sauce x 1 tablespoon
-black pepper x 1 teaspoon
-avocado oil spray
-ginger x 2 slices
- Slice the chicken breast into the size of nuggets. Better keep the thickness about the thickness of your finger.
- Mix the sliced chicken breast, cornstarch, salt, soy sauce, cooking wine, ginger, and black pepper together.
3. Put the chicken breast away to marinate for at least 10 minutes or whenever you are ready to cook. I sometimes leave them in the fridge for a couple hours when I am not prepared to cook. Do not leave them in the fridge overnight, though, or it is going to be “goodbye healthy food” and “hello salmonella.
4. Turn on the stove to high heat and spray avocado oil evenly in your non-stick frying pan.
5. Place your chicken breast nuggets inside the frying pan, starting from the side to the center of the pan.
6. When you see the rims of chicken breast nuggets start to turn white, flip them. Again, starting from the side to the center. Now the chicken should be golden.
7. Wait about a minute and flip the chicken again. If you see both sides are about the same beautiful golden color, they are probably fully cooked. BUT! But, if you did not slice them as thin as the size of your finger, it is possible that they are still raw inside. My way of testing it is to use my chopstick to poke the chicken nuggets and see if they still feel soft inside. If they are cooked, they should feel tough. If you just can not be sure, cut one open and see if it is pink inside.
8. They are done. Shut the stove and serve.
Cook Time: 10-20 minutes without the marinating wait time.
Right, I promised you there should be some veggies to complete the meal. Hang tight, here it is.
-Baby bok choy (or whatever veggies you have in your fridge) x however much you think you can eat
-salt x 1 pinch
-chicken powder x 1 pinch
-avocado oil spray
-fresh garlic x 2 to 3 cloves
- Wash the vegetable while you are waiting for the chicken breast to marinate.
- Remove the skin of the garlic and chop them into tiny pieces.
- Turn the stove on high heat and wait for about 30 seconds before spraying the avocado oil evenly in the frying pan.
4. Put the veggies into the frying pan and sauté them until they shrink and soften.
5. Sprinkle salt in the pan.
6. Put the garlic in the pan and quickly mix it with the veggie.
7. Shut the stove and sprinkle the chicken powder in.
8. Mix well and serve.
Voila, here is your healthy, high-protein, low-carb, and low-calorie lunch. This meal contains 27 grams of protein, 17 grams of fat, about 350 calories, along with a bunch of minerals and vitamins. It is a relatively light lunch. It is keto-friendly, low carb (if any), high protein, ideal for losing weight and/or gain muscles. However, it does not have enough calories if you are not planning on having a big dinner. I suggest you eating some oatmeal or baked sweet potatoes to fill you up and intake some fiber, so you do not lose control and start munching on snacks in the afternoon. Well, that is my case, at least.
Alright, this is my typical lunch while I was trying to lose weight. If you think it is for you, try it. If not, I will post more healthy dish recipes. I personally do no believe in starving yourself to lose weight, but a reasonable diet is essential. Also, who does not love chick nuggets? Even if you are not trying to lose weight, you still can try it. Thank you for reading. Peace and goodbye.