The 1939 Pontiac Ghost Car
Pontiac is called a spirit because of its openness. It was the first perfect car in America, designed by the famous manufacturer Norman White Geddes, named after the man who created the future. Presented as a vision of the future, it was produced for the 1939-40 World's Fair in New York, where it had an impact on the stability of General Motors Highways in the Horizons; and continues to provoke unrest today. It is believed to still be in operation, although no one angrily picked it up along the way. The idea for a spirit car was born as GM sponsored the 1939-1940 World's Fair in New York City. At the 1939-1940 World Trade Center, they decided it was worth trying to show their new product clearly. The exhibition car will eventually be sold and sold at several Pontiac stores, mainly for support purposes. He first visited the H&H Pontiac store in Gettysburg, PA; and in 1962, it was sold to another Pontiac dealer and later sold to a car collector named Don Barlup.
Designed to show all that it would take to build a car during a successful car industry, the Pontiac Ghost car was built by General Motors in partnership with Rohm and Hass, who developed plexiglass. At the 1939 World's Fair, a car with the same body parts as the Rohm & Haas plexiglass was shown. His career took place in 1939 during the New York Worlds Highway and the Horizons Show in New York, a car that appealed to all audiences as if it were a clear car made of acrylic plastic (remarkable in time) which made up many parts of the model. eyes.
Another GM-licensed display that attracted attention to the world show was the 1939 special Pontiac display car, made entirely of plexiglass, also known as a spirit car. Many car buffs history will remember the 1939 New York World Fair when GM unveiled the “Futurama” jungle; What they may not remember from the same show is the Ghost Pontiac, a sedan with four doors made of white plastic and a full body of acrylic. In addition to the "folding glass" and talking lamps, the show at the 1939 New York World Fair included the first full-size American car ever, a clean and cool car that could be yours.
The 1939 Pontiac Deluxe Six The Ghost Car, first shown at New York World's Fair and then at the Smithsonian Institution, sold for $ 308,000 on Saturday. The Pontiac Deluxe Six Ghost car was sold in 1939 most recently at the RM market in Michigan, where it won $ 308,000.
It is no longer a virtual machine, but the first complete machine made in America has a special place in history. From the home of TRW Automotive, it was introduced as the first transparent car. It was built in partnership with General Motors, Pontiac, and Rohm & Haas for GM Futurama and is part of Roads & Horizons.
It was built for the New York world show from 1939 to 1940 and was the first ship to have full plexiglass. It is equipped with six inline motors with a diameter of 222.7 cm. Inches with 85 horsepower, three-speed manual transmission in the column box, self-locking front and spring, axle half elliptical axle, and hydraulic drum brake on all four wheels: it is a common feature end of 1930. Before it became. part of a secret collection, shipped to various Pontiac clients in the United States. When sold in 2011, it had 86 hours (138 miles) and hours, proving to be a speeding car, and had a clear explosion, small decorative defects, and a fuel line.
He visited many shops and visited the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC. for many years. That same year, he was bought by Don Burloop of New Cumberland, Pa., Who ordered the restoration of part of the S&H Pontiac in Harrisburg. At this point, the plexiglass car breaks down all the time - frustrated only 70 miles on the odometer - so Barlup takes it to the nearby S&H Pontiac in Harrisburg to keep it cool.
Plexiglass became a carbon duplicate, replacing the outer metal sheet to make the car transparent. To make it more prominent, the stainless steel frame on the bottom is copper, while the metal dashboard and hardware are chrome-plated. To add another touch to the look, the frame is coated with copper, the hardware is chrome, and the tires are whiter than usual. To announce the innovation, the chemical company and one of its largest customers, General Motors, decided to build a special Pontiac.
In 1939 the New York highway on the Horizons pavilion attracted and amazed many visitors with its vision of the future. The material was used in military aircraft during World War II and later expanded to seals, lights, windows, trains, and other vehicles.
The cars have copper-plated parts painted in chrome or white (like tires). In both show cars, all hoses, grommets, floorboards, booths, and even US Royal tires are made of white rubber. Adem In addition, the white rubber tires, like the tires of a car.
The first media release of 1939 stated that the sight-seeing car was the best part of the body of the fishermen on display at the GM Highway and Horizons Building at the New York Worlds Fair. Those who have a thorough understanding also show the work in the cars, so that car enthusiasts can see all the features used in Pontiac car technology.
The Pontiac project was originally designed to be a four-door luxury cruise in 1939 but was eventually upgraded with a small clear plexiglass nose in 1940. The second Pontiac car has a large body of GM Torpedo Eights 1940 C as well as a 122-inch wheelbase. A second car was built after the Ghost Pontiac and eight chassis for the Pontiac Torpedo for the Golden Gate show. Since then, the second spirit car has disappeared, but the first has died. It appeared in 2011 when $ 308,000 was raised in RM Sotheby.
In 1940, the second Pontiac car was built for the exhibition of the Golden Gate, which, along with the first, visited many Pontiac retailers in the United States. Later, the car will tour the facility for special events and promotions. By the late 1940s, however, the car was viewed by the general public as old-fashioned and outdated, and the show changed. In 1962, another Pontiac dealer in Pennsylvania, Arnold Motors and Carlisle, bought the car and installed a full seat to replace the temporary brakes used for the show.