As we continue to deal with record inflation, high food prices, and a never-ending battle to cancel student loan debt, many people are wondering when they will be on the shortlist for a little extra stimulus.
Several governors have been proposing ways to give back to their residents as well which may provide some much-needed cash if you live in the following states:
- Maine- Governor Mills is in talks to try and gain approval for a stimulus check of $850 dollars for qualifying residents.
- California- Governor Newsome has already approved checks in the amount of $500 to $600 dollars with additional funds for each dependent. However, gas checks are also in the works that add up to a total of $800 for offsetting high gas prices in the area.
- Georgia- The peach state will be recipients of stimulus signed into law by Governor Kemp which gives $500 to joint filers,$375 to heads of household, and $250 to single filers residing in the state.
- Illinois- Multiple benefits are being proposed in the state that's home to the windy city. For starters, a $100 check accompanied by $50 checks for children could be approved. This will be followed by property tax relief checks up to $300 while stopping gas, school, and grocery taxes over a brief period in August.
- New Jersey- Governor Murphy plans to send out $500 checks to taxpayers who use a tax identification number to help immigrants who may be on the lower end of the income scale.
- New York- Residents of the big apple could enjoy a suspension on motor fuel taxes until the end of the year, as well as property tax rebates up to as much as $970.
- Idaho- Living here could get you a cool $75 or 12% rebates on 2020 income taxes.
Several other states are coming up with proposals as the months go by and gas prices peak above $6 dollars per gallon.